Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

James Bolden gets first offer

Featured Replies

  • Author
Bolden may be great but I would think this is the reason coaches across the board usually do not evaluate during HS sports. Big difference in what you can do in HS vs AAU or club sports.

 

He has always succeeded at both the AAU level and school level. Was named MVP of several tournaments last year for AOP.

 

Biggest problem right now, according to college coaches, is his lack of playing time and not being used properly (Being recruited to play PG, not the 2). Plain and simple.

 

He was solid in LA, averaging 9 ppg. He just struggled this week end. I think he will be fine.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has always succeeded at both the AAU level and school level. Was named MVP of several tournaments last year for AOP.

 

Biggest problem right now, according to college coaches, is his lack of playing time and not being used properly (Being recruited to play PG, not the 2). Plain and simple.

 

He was solid in LA, averaging 9 ppg. He just struggled this week end. I think he will be fine.

 

Do you think the coaches are purposely not playing him at point or because they have better options in Beverly and Kapango?

 

I would think the coaches are doing there best to develop players while balancing winning.

  • Author
Do you think the coaches are purposely not playing him at point or because they have better options in Beverly and Kapango?

 

I would think the coaches are doing there best to develop players while balancing winning.

 

I personally don't think Bolden should be playing the 2 but I'm not the coach and it's not my place to question their decisions. From what I've seen of Bolden this week end, however, he looked much more comfortable running the point than playing the 2.

 

Bottom line is they have a winning record (5-4) and are playing well. It's all about match ups in the EYBL. I guess the coaches felt Kapinga and Beverly were better options defensively for this week end's games.

 

College coaches recruiting him do want to see him at the point and not the 2...I will say that.

From what I understand, is that when Hatton left the team, it changed the complexion of the team and the Travelers felt that they could move Bolden to the two and bring the Beverly kid up from the 16U team.

Now he is having to guard kids much bigger than him at the two and the physicality of it will take its toll.

Bolden will be fine and more offers will probably be forthcoming.

He has always succeeded at both the AAU level and school level. Was named MVP of several tournaments last year for AOP.

 

Biggest problem right now, according to college coaches, is his lack of playing time and not being used properly (Being recruited to play PG, not the 2). Plain and simple.

 

He was solid in LA, averaging 9 ppg. He just struggled this week end. I think he will be fine.

 

So has he improved his stock the last two weeks or is his stock down bc of the different factors you bring up. I am a big fan of his so in no way am I trying to be negative.

  • Author
So has he improved his stock the last two weeks or is his stock down bc of the different factors you bring up. I am a big fan of his so in no way am I trying to be negative.

 

That's a question you'd probably have to ask Coach Booher or the Travelers coaching staff.

 

Only thing I can say is it's tough for a kid to improve his stock when he isn't playing his true position and isn't getting many mins. See Hawkins of Mad Cen last summer.

That's a question you'd probably have to ask Coach Booher or the Travelers coaching staff.

 

Only thing I can say is it's tough for a kid to improve his stock when he isn't playing his true position and isn't getting many mins. See Hawkins of Mad Cen last summer.

Hawkins played the point last year for the Ville. I thought that improved his stock. Not sure how signing with UK shows his stock went down.

Hawkins played the point last year for the Ville. I thought that improved his stock. Not sure how signing with UK shows his stock went down.

 

Coach Stevens from Butler said the coaches didn't see Hawkins play point which hurt his offers.

Coach Stevens from Butler said the coaches didn't see Hawkins play point which hurt his offers.

 

I watched the Ville several times last year, he played the 1 every time I saw them.

That's a question you'd probably have to ask Coach Booher or the Travelers coaching staff.

 

Only thing I can say is it's tough for a kid to improve his stock when he isn't playing his true position and isn't getting many mins. See Hawkins of Mad Cen last summer.

 

It's different sports but my daughter plays for a softball club out of Chicago and I would say most kids have a harder time getting on the field for the club team than they do for some of their college teams. We have 5 teams with 75 kids on them and they all will go D1. Most kids don't play the same position for club as they do for their college, sometimes you have to make it work. Hopefully Bolden has a great end to the spring summer schedule and gets all the offers he wants.

He's just not getting enough mins to get in a rhythm. Also playing out of position at the two. That is the evaluation I got from two high major coaches this weekend. Both said he needs to be getting 20+ and he is playing anywhere from 8-14.

 

Read in a article today that he was coming off the bench behind Beverly.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.