Powell County 72 Owsley County 69

This was a good game. Powell lead by as many as 13 and actually came to play. Owsley fought back. Powell lead 68-64 with somewhere around a minute to play, Izaiah Allen drains a 3 for Owsley to make it a 1 point game, Owsley would then foul Powell, Powell would make both FT's to make it 70-67, Logan Campbell a SO for Owsley would be fouled, he would make both his FT's to cut the Pirate lead 70-69, Powell would be fouled, make both FT's, Shelby for Owsley misses the 3 at the buzzer. Pirates win and advance to the championship game and regional tournament..

Powell Co. 72

Owsley Co. 69

Powell Co. 23 18 12 19 72

Owsley Co. 18 19 19 15 69

56th District at Estill Co.

Powell Co. -- Marcum 21, Thompson 4, Townsend 6, McCoy 9, Goodwin 16, Mullins 14, Hubbard 2.

Owsley Co. -- Shelby 21, B.Hall 3, Campbell 4, C.Hall 3, Allen 19, Grove 19.

Read more here: Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

I'm not very happy with the officiating tonight but Owsley had their chances to win. Too many missed layups and missed shots right under the basket, probably at least 10 to 12 missed from close range. And the Owls made quite a few turnovers, particularly in the first half that allowed Powell to get a 13 point lead. The guards allowed Marcum to pick their pocket and score several times. Powell shot their free throws very well with Marcum leading the way, I don't believe he missed one all night.

It was a hard fought game from both sides between two fairly equal teams....Owsley beat Powell by 3 and 4 during the season and loses by 3 in the district.

I'm not very happy with the officiating tonight but Owsley had their chances to win. Too many missed layups and missed shots right under the basket, probably at least 10 to 12 missed from close range. And the Owls made quite a few turnovers, particularly in the first half that allowed Powell to get a 13 point lead. The guards allowed Marcum to pick their pocket and score several times. Powell shot their free throws very well with Marcum leading the way, I don't believe he missed one all night.

It was a hard fought game from both sides between two fairly equal teams....Owsley beat Powell by 3 and 4 during the season and loses by 3 in the district.

Who were the officials?

Suppose to be three top rated officials in the 14th region....should have been glad to get them!!

They are 3 of the better ones.

However, coaches can have bad games, players can have bad games, and sometimes refs can not be on top of their game as well. Last night was not one of their best efforts imo. It can happen at all levels, including college and the NBA.

I was there last night as well, it was a really tough game to officiate. There were numerous calls that could have been called for both teams that weren't noticed. It was a game of runs though, if my memory serves me correct, the lead changed 3 or 4 times in the last 90 seconds of play. It wasn't as packed as district normally is, but both sides fans were loud and cheered on their team. Hats off to both teams for a game worth every cent of the 5 dollar cover charge.