Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 87 Mississippi 74

Featured Replies

Any video of that, I missed it.

 

It's on ESPN's highlights and report on the game.

  • Replies 134
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I just finished watching it & certainly didn't expect that. Pretty solid team effort by the Cats. Wiltjer was outstanding, Poythress played with some energy & emotion, Archie passed the ball, & the other two-thirds of the White Boy Academy kept us afloat when we needed them.

 

But for me, Nerlens stole the show. It's amazing what he does on the defensive side of the ball.

 

Henderson was erratic just like he always is, but couldn't hit the side of a barn. He hurt them far more than he helped them. I thought he would go off & I would hate him worse than both Hansbrough's combined. But after this lackluster performance, he doesn't get to join PP92, GrizzlyAdams & RockPride on my "People To Kill" list.

 

I have said many times , it is not all about points......:D MVP of the game IMO. Without him we loose.

You don't see a difference between Cousins and Henderson?

 

I see Cousins squandering a career with constant suspensions because of selfish childish behavior. I also think Cousins has a lot more to lose with his antics than Henderson does because he is substantially more talented.

I am getting tired of the refs not even being able to get out of bounds calls right. Fouls will always be one way or the other but did anyone notice the no call by Jim Burr. Old Miss guy gets rebound then falls down holding the ball. Next thing he lays his arm on the floor out of bounds and then throws ball to teammate. Burr is looking straight at him three feet away. Henderson is what he is but he did try and help Goodwin up after fouling him on a lay up, I was surprised he did that but still think he is a show off.

 

It's Jim Burr, what do you expect? When I see him come out onto the court, I know it's going to be a weird call night.

:lol:

 

Nothing to see here. Move along... :walk:

I see Cousins squandering a career with constant suspensions because of selfish childish behavior. I also think Cousins has a lot more to lose with his antics than Henderson does because he is substantially more talented.

 

So you feel that Cal should have benched Cousins for the way he was going to act in the future? FWIW, I didn't see anything out of Henderson last night that made me dislike him but if I was an Ole Miss fan I would be upset because I think his attitude hurt them.

And Henderson helped several UK guys up throughout the game...

 

As did I, his attitude toward his opponent was fine. Did anyone see Goodwin giving him the yap yap yap hand motions during a free throw?

So you feel that Cal should have benched Cousins for the way he was going to act in the future? FWIW, I didn't see anything out of Henderson last night that made me dislike him but if I was an Ole Miss fan I would be upset because I think his attitude hurt them.

 

Cousins was guilty of a lot of the behavior at UK as well he was a known hot head that tended to overreact. And trust me I have gripes about Henderson, it just amazes me the people that hate Henderson and want to talk about it usually say things that are just as childish or hypocritical as the things they get on to him about.

:lol:

 

I saw where someone wrote that Jim Burr was thinking "hurry up and get up so I can call a foul on Harrow"

So you feel that Cal should have benched Cousins for the way he was going to act in the future? FWIW, I didn't see anything out of Henderson last night that made me dislike him but if I was an Ole Miss fan I would be upset because I think his attitude hurt them.

 

If anything, Cal should be credited for an amazing job handling Cousins.

 

Henderson is what he is. Its antic after antic after antic. Slamming the ball down... throwing ice at the fans... arguing with the coach about taking himself out? There is a reason why he can't last more than a year on a team. It's a sort of a shame because somewhere in all of that the kid can play a little.

Cousins was guilty of a lot of the behavior at UK as well he was a known hot head that tended to overreact. And trust me I have gripes about Henderson, it just amazes me the people that hate Henderson and want to talk about it usually say things that are just as childish or hypocritical as the things they get on to him about.

 

I thought his actions at Auburn were out of line but I personally don't dislike him. The whole ESPN/Jimmy Dykes promotion of everything Henderson was over the top but that isn't the kid's fault.

Great win for the Cats, and sorely needed. Liked the passion and at times poise showed by KY tonight. If they continue to improve and make a run towards the end of the season, this game could be seen as the turning point?

 

Not the most informed KY fan, but did anyone else hear one of the announcers say Poythress's father came in for a couple days prior to the LSU game, attending practice, etc.? Seemed to work! Now if we can just channel Kyle Macy's FT shooting into Nerlens................

Nice to see the Cats pull that one out. A few weeks ago they don't survive nearly losing a 17 point lead. I know WCS is no Noel, but it will be nice to have him back to give Nerlens some rest.

 

I was a little disappointed that Kyle disappeared after that slam. They went to him a few times for 3s that he couldn't connect on, but he never went back to the post after the dunk.

If anything, Cal should be credited for an amazing job handling Cousins.

 

Henderson is what he is. Its antic after antic after antic. Slamming the ball down... throwing ice at the fans... arguing with the coach about taking himself out? There is a reason why he can't last more than a year on a team. It's a sort of a shame because somewhere in all of that the kid can play a little.

 

Exactly, Cousins is a crack pot. His actions in the NBA are very similar to Hendersons.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.