January 16, 201313 yr Both teams are terrible. I dare say both of Billy G's teams were better than this year's squad. Just painful to watch. Good thing I'm still on Cloud 9 from last year's title.
January 16, 201313 yr That was disgusting... Pretty much sums it up. They got the W at least. Only their 2nd win vs a top 100 RPI team.
January 16, 201313 yr This team is all about getting out of there. I think Poythress and Goodwin are only worried about the NBA. Noel has really stepped up and been the leader for the team even though it hasn't helped. Harrow has really picked up his game. Wiltjer sucks horribly on defense but at least showed some inside moves on offense tonight. Hopefully Maya showed some life tonight and doesn't continue his horrid shooting slump. All in all this is a poorly pieced team. They do not work together. It's sad to see because of te talent they have.
January 16, 201313 yr Once again after watching this team I was reminded of what a special group last years, even the two previous before were. Noel played like he wanted to again, not close to Saturdays game but I didn't think that he was terrible. Nerlens "gets it" more than the others but right now I would have to nickname this bunch as "Team BA (bad attitude". Poythress is sleepwalking and Goodwin has been just flat out lazy imo. A while back I thought that Harrow was the problem with an attitude that was dragging everyone else down. Now he and Noel seem to be the only ones wanting to play. Wiltzer is just terrible defensively (was some better tonight but still bad). I am in no way giving up on this team, I haven't on any so I am not about to stop. Good thing tonight was that the Vols are terrible so we got the W to go 2-1 in conference. Thank God the SEC is down, imo the Auburn game on Saturday will be a win. GO BIG BLUE !!!
January 16, 201313 yr . I dare say both of Billy G's teams were better than this year's squad. . I will take where we are at with this team than anytime when Billy G was here.
January 16, 201313 yr There are a lot of problems but the biggest problem I see - this is Cal's worst defensive team. And that has been the biggest part of UK's success under Cal. All his teams have been excellent defensively. This team's perimeter players are bad defensively.
January 16, 201313 yr There are a lot of problems but the biggest problem I see - this is Cal's worst defensive team. And that has been the biggest part of UK's success under Cal. All his teams have been excellent defensively. This team's perimeter players are bad defensively. 100% correct...
January 16, 201313 yr Both teams are terrible. I dare say both of Billy G's teams were better than this year's squad. Bartender! Buy me and my friend another round of whatever he's having and put it in VMI's bill.
January 16, 201313 yr I look at it this way 1/2 way thru the season and we are 11-5, I too was spoiled last year and struggling to get through each game with this team. I just hope by some chance they get the team concept of this whole thing. Not only defense look how many times these guys do not finish going to the basket on layups. As big as they are I just have a hard time not watching them stuff it and challenge someone to foul them. However, again our foul shooting is horrible. I still love my C-A-T-S and will be with them thick and thin. JD
January 16, 201313 yr I look at it this way 1/2 way thru the season and we are 11-5' date=' I too was spoiled last year and struggling to get through each game with this team. I just hope by some chance they get the team concept of this whole thing. Not only defense look how many times these guys do not finish going to the basket on layups. As big as they are I just have a hard time not watching them stuff it and challenge someone to foul them. However, again our foul shooting is horrible. I still love my C-A-T-S and will be with them thick and thin. JD[/quote'] Very rational way of looking at it. Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
January 16, 201313 yr There are a lot of problems but the biggest problem I see - this is Cal's worst defensive team. And that has been the biggest part of UK's success under Cal. All his teams have been excellent defensively. This team's perimeter players are bad defensively. I agree 100%! I told my son last night that their perimeter defense is terrible. They never get any shots in transition. Also they can't make free throws and layups.
January 16, 201313 yr Author Bartender! Buy me and my friend another round of whatever he's having and put it in VMI's bill. Meeks would light this year's team up for 50 plus points.
January 16, 201313 yr This team plays some of the worst team defense I've ever seen. Kyle Wiltjer simply has no clue how to even try to play defense. I think defense is the real problem.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.