St. Elizabeth Healthcare and Commonwealth Orthopaedic To Sponsor Pete Noll Tourney

BigGreenHorse

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must not get out much to many games lol.

Ok some very brief research. According to cincinnati.com website, NKY had 26 girls hit over .400 (mostly BBHS kids!) so these are some of the best hitters, of the 26 kids there were 23 homers. Not great at math but that is less than 1 per kid. As you can imagine the numbers drop way down after the .400 mark.

Not all schools call in stats but seems like most are on there. HC is not on there and they had 4 total out of about 15 kids and at least 2 of those were not over the fense.

The batters should hit off a Tee. I don't like games being decided by strikeouts.

Yeah and lets not let players steal bc that wouldn't be fair if you have fast kids. Bunting is out also bc if you work all season on sitituations and the other team doesn't that wouldn't be fair.

But BGH is playing within the rules and I am sure it is a ton of work to put this tourney on so I am thankful for that.

Dont remember BBHS having that many great hitters that would have over a .400 batting average or I wonder if that is that actually a On base Percentage!

There is definately bigger gaps with 225 fences so should be more extra base hits! Like the man said its their tourney and they have put a bunch of work into it! Hopefully there is great weather I have heard some teams will be playing 3 games in 14 hours.

Ok some very brief research. According to cincinnati.com website, NKY had 26 girls hit over .400 (mostly BBHS kids!) so these are some of the best hitters, of the 26 kids there were 23 homers. Not great at math but that is less than 1 per kid. As you can imagine the numbers drop way down after the .400 mark.

Not all schools call in stats but seems like most are on there. HC is not on there and they had 4 total out of about 15 kids and at least 2 of those were not over the fense.

What are top 4 teams in this group

St. Elizabeth Healthcare Sportsmedicine and Commonwealth Orthopaedic Centers have signed on as sponsors for the 4th Annual Uncle Pete Noll Invitational March 22-23. The Tournament will feature 16 teams at Softball City. Each participant will receive a gift and t-shirts will be available to be purchased.

In answer to one of the big pressing questions. The fences will be arranged with tempory fences at 225 feet which will allow for 75 feet of warm up area on each field between the temporary fences and the permanent fences.

The Field

Bishop Brossart Alexandria, Ky.

Boone Co. Florence, Ky.

Bracken Co. Brooksville, Ky.

Campbell Co. Alexandria, Ky.

Carroll Co. Carrollton, Ky.

Christian Academy Louisville, Ky.

Conner Hebron, Ky.

Dixie Heights Crestview Hills, Ky.

Highlands Ft. Thomas, Ky.

Holy Cross Latonia, Ky.

Knoch Pittsburg, PA.