Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 88 Lipscomb 50

Featured Replies

I suppose you're right then. But imo, with the exception of Noel, the others are not remotely ready for that level. All I can say is it must be an extremely weak draft this year.

 

Noel is the closest to ready, but I don't think any of them are truly ready for the pros. But it's not always about being ready. It's often times about where you'll get drafted. And with this class being super weak this year, coupled with next year's being super strong, some would say it is a good business decision for Alex & Archie to come out while the gettin' is good.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is zero (none, nada, zilch, nil) chance that Noel, Poythress, or Archie are back next year. All are projected top 10 picks with Noel and Poythress in the running for #1 overall pick according to "Draft Expert" Chad Ford.

 

WCS may return, and Wiltjer and Harrow (assuming they want him back next year) will assuredly be back.

 

Well I admit I'm certainly not an NBA draft expert, but if Chad Ford thinks Poythress may go that high then I'm as much an"expert" as he is. I just don't see that happening.

Isn't harrow a senior?

 

Sophomore...

 

Sophomore...

 

He played at NC state then had to sit out a year and is now playing? Wouldn't he be at least a junior?

Well I admit I'm certainly not an NBA draft expert, but if Chad Ford thinks Poythress may go that high then I'm as much an"expert" as he is. I just don't see that happening.

 

He will be a top 5 pick most likely and no worse than top 10.

He played at NC state then had to sit out a year and is now playing? Wouldn't he be at least a junior?

 

He's a redshirt sophmore. You don't lose a year of eligibility by transferring.

UK is a title contender??? :lol:

Live Vegas odds

 

Indiana 5/1

Duke 7/1

Louisville 8/1

Michigan 8/1

Syracuse 12/1

Florida 12/1

Kentucky 12/1

Kansas 12/1

Arizona 12/1

Ohio State 18/1

N.C. State 20/1

Creighton 25/1

UNC 25/1

Noel is the closest to ready, but I don't think any of them are truly ready for the pros. But it's not always about being ready. It's often times about where you'll get drafted. And with this class being super weak this year, coupled with next year's being super strong, some would say it is a good business decision for Alex & Archie to come out while the gettin' is good.

 

Maybe they'll take a little course in remedial basketball in the D league along the way.

 

In the NBA is there a set (or ascertainable by formula) pay scale for the particular draft choices or can each team pay what they want?

He played at NC state then had to sit out a year and is now playing? Wouldn't he be at least a junior?

 

He may be a junior in regards to credit hours, but he is a sophomore in regards to basketball eligibility.

 

He may be a junior in regards to credit hours, but he is a sophomore in regards to basketball eligibility.

 

Gotcha.

I think Noel is the only sure bet of the UK players that leave early. Goodwin is a possibility. But there's no way in my opinion that Poythress or WCS are ready. Lamb and Jones were more NBA ready after their freshman year than Poythress. He may go early but if he does he could find himself in the D League for several years. Unless he can discover a switch that can turn his motor up a few notches.

 

Maybe it's just me, but everytime I watch Poythress I think "Richard Madison."

 

UK Career Statistics for Richard Madison

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.