December 17, 201213 yr I guess I'm the only UK fan left on BGP. Work 14 hours, get online, and nobody has started a thread. Getting ready to watch the game on DVR. I know Wiltjer had a big game. I haven't been on BGP since Friday, but definitely watched teh game and was happy with the outcome. Crush bad teams is what UK is supposed to do and that is what they did. Nice to see Wiltjer hit some shots.
December 17, 201213 yr UK is a title contender??? :lol: Not right now, but who would have thought that they would have made the Final Four two years ago? W/ players that young, it just takes a hot couple of weeks. I would say that they have as much potential as any team w/ the obvious exceptions of IU, Duke, and UofL.
December 17, 201213 yr It is sad that nobody seems to care this year. I care and watched the game, but there was just not to much to say about it. They have the talent to put together a run this year if they can find away to put it all together. At this point they still haven't done so. So they got my attention but right now it is still Bengal season for me, and so the Bengals have my attention more especially now with a playoff spot on the line.
December 17, 201213 yr I guess I'm the only UK fan left on BGP. Work 14 hours, get online, and nobody has started a thread. Getting ready to watch the game on DVR. I know Wiltjer had a big game. Some of us just don't get online on the weekends....
December 17, 201213 yr Some of us just don't get online on the weekends.... Unacceptable. The measure of your fandom is obviously based upon how often you post on BGP about your favorite team.
December 17, 201213 yr I don't have time to post when i am at home. I only have time to post when i am at work. J/K
December 18, 201213 yr Sat on the floor for this one. I could hear everything Cal was saying. I liked the way Harrow played and Wiltjer rebounded. Nerlens played with his usual high volume of energy.
December 18, 201213 yr I follow Doron Lamb on Twitter. He's been calling out some UK players for "cuffing". For you old-timers, that means spending to much time with the ladies. He thinks they aren't putting enough time in the gym. He posted pictures of Harrow and Twany. He is probably just joking but I thought it was funny.
December 18, 201213 yr I follow Doron Lamb on Twitter. He's been calling out some UK players for "cuffing". For you old-timers, that means spending to much time with the ladies. He thinks they aren't putting enough time in the gym. He posted pictures of Harrow and Twany. He is probably just joking but I thought it was funny. Speaking of Twany, I thought he had a real good chance to be a good college player when he came out of Ballard. He goes to Miss. State and I guess gets in Stansbury's dog house and never has done very well since. Obviously he is an older player on UK, who could maybe provide leadership to the younger ones, but you never hear anything about him. I guess he is just riding out the string.
December 19, 201213 yr I think Noel is the only sure bet of the UK players that leave early. Goodwin is a possibility. But there's no way in my opinion that Poythress or WCS are ready. Lamb and Jones were more NBA ready after their freshman year than Poythress. He may go early but if he does he could find himself in the D League for several years. Unless he can discover a switch that can turn his motor up a few notches.
December 19, 201213 yr I think Noel is the only sure bet of the UK players that leave early. Goodwin is a possibility. But there's no way in my opinion that Poythress or WCS are ready. Lamb and Jones were more NBA ready after their freshman year than Poythress. He may go early but if he does he could find himself in the D League for several years. Unless he can discover a switch that can turn his motor up a few notches. There is zero (none, nada, zilch, nil) chance that Noel, Poythress, or Archie are back next year. All are projected top 10 picks with Noel and Poythress in the running for #1 overall pick according to "Draft Expert" Chad Ford. WCS may return, and Wiltjer and Harrow (assuming they want him back next year) will assuredly be back.
December 19, 201213 yr There is zero (none, nada, zilch, nil) chance that Noel, Poythress, or Archie are back next year. All are projected top 10 picks with Noel and Poythress in the running for #1 overall pick according to "Draft Expert" Chad Ford. WCS may return, and Wiltjer and Harrow (assuming they want him back next year) will assuredly be back. :thumb:
December 19, 201213 yr Speaking of Twany, I thought he had a real good chance to be a good college player when he came out of Ballard. He goes to Miss. State and I guess gets in Stansbury's dog house and never has done very well since. Obviously he is an older player on UK, who could maybe provide leadership to the younger ones, but you never hear anything about him. I guess he is just riding out the string. If I'm not mistaken, Cal has mentioned Beckham a few times as being a really good student. Hopefully he's nailing down a college degree that will help him be successful after basketball ends. He seems like a good kid.
December 19, 201213 yr There is zero (none, nada, zilch, nil) chance that Noel, Poythress, or Archie are back next year. All are projected top 10 picks with Noel and Poythress in the running for #1 overall pick according to "Draft Expert" Chad Ford. WCS may return, and Wiltjer and Harrow (assuming they want him back next year) will assuredly be back. That's exactly what I've been screaming for weeks.
December 19, 201213 yr There is zero (none, nada, zilch, nil) chance that Noel, Poythress, or Archie are back next year. All are projected top 10 picks with Noel and Poythress in the running for #1 overall pick according to "Draft Expert" Chad Ford. WCS may return, and Wiltjer and Harrow (assuming they want him back next year) will assuredly be back. I suppose you're right then. But imo, with the exception of Noel, the others are not remotely ready for that level. All I can say is it must be an extremely weak draft this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.