White House Knew Libya Was a Terrorist Attack Within 2 Hours

Whose on first? Or who is in charge and making decisions?

Two interesting statements - one by Obama in one of the debates and one by Ms. Clinton when she took the pipe for the incident.

Obama during debates:

Transcript of second presidential debate | Fox News

"OBAMA: Well, let me first of all talk about our diplomats, because they serve all around the world and do an incredible job in a very dangerous situation. And these aren't just representatives of the United States, they are my representatives. I send them there, oftentimes into harm's way. I know these folks and I know their families. So nobody is more concerned about their safety and security than I am.

So as soon as we found out that the Benghazi consulate was being overrun, I was on the phone with my national security team and I gave them three instructions.

Number one, beef up our security and procedures, not just in Libya, but at every embassy and consulate in the region.

Number two, investigate exactly what happened, regardless of where the facts lead us, to make sure folks are held accountable and it doesn't happen again.

And number three, we are going to find out who did this and we're going to hunt them down, because one of the things that I've said throughout my presidency is when folks mess with Americans, we go after them."

Ms. Clinton in her statement taking responsibility the day before the debate above:

Clinton: I'm responsible for diplomats' security - CNN.com

""I take responsibility," Clinton told CNN in an interview while on a visit to Peru. "I'm in charge of the State Department's 60,000-plus people all over the world, 275 posts. The president and the vice president wouldn't be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals. They're the ones who weigh all of the threats and the risks and the needs and make a considered decision.""

"The president and the vice president wouldn't be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals." - Clinton

"I was on the phone with my national security team and I gave them three instructions." - Obama

How can you be giving good instructions on something your not supposed to have good knowledge of?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic