Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier/Trinity Predictions

Who wins this matchup? 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

So you're implying that the green guys in the "arm pit" of Shelbyville Rd are what, humble?

 

:laugh:

 

Now that was funny! :lol::lol::lol:

  • Replies 158
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So you're implying that the green guys in the "arm pit" of Shelbyville Rd are what, humble?

 

:laugh:

 

No, but I am STATING that there is without a doubt a holier then thou attitude on Poplar Level.

So you're implying that the green guys in the "arm pit" of Shelbyville Rd are what, humble?

 

:laugh:

 

So if we look at a life size outline of the human body and start at the "arm pit", go south about 2 1/2 feet and to the center about 6", you will find the epicenter of Poplar Level Road.

No, but I am STATING that there is without a doubt a holier then thou attitude on Poplar Level.

 

No question about it. I have friends that went to X & I always hope they win when they aren't playing us, as there is, outside of the ages of the two schools, virtually no difference in the two in terms of the folks in each community. Each has it's area's of strength & area's in need of improvement but only the blindest X homers would deny that, as an institution, they tend to look down their noses at what they view as the nouveau riche Rocks. That's why it's so much fun to beat them head to head, regardless of the venue... Good luck Tigers & GO ROCKS!!

First of all, on the topic of the thread, I think T wins, but frankly I haven't seen either team this year. I do think it will be closer only because T seems to have closer games this year, and may be beatable.

Nobody likes to win as much as me. I have never agreed with T's decision to conduct national searches for High School coaches. This is high school, not college. On the other hand, X always seems to promote or hire from within, which I think can be a problem at times. I am not sold on Wolford as coach yet.

My sons played for Coach Glaser, and they and their friends, both players and reserves, have a respect for Mike which I think is important. I think he has taught the right values, and this is an all important part of his program. He has the "10 year plan"-He wants everyone to see his players, win or lose, 10 years after they graduate.

I have no problem with T, its players, coaches, etc. I do not consider myself an elitist. I just agree with the program's direction, without agreeing on the offense.

Mike will be at X after he quits coaching. I don't think Coach Beatty has the loyalty to the school outside of football, to remain and teach. This simply goes to the national search issue.

Good luck to both teams. Go Tigers! And I hope neither tean suffers any injuries.

Isn't the record now 35-36-2 in favor of the Tigers? If so, a win tomorrow for T would tie up the series like T did back in I believe 91. However, after that victory to tie things up, X went on a terror beating Trinity 7 of the next 8 games if memory serves correct.

^^^^^

 

Now we know who to contact if we have any questions about Coack Beatty's loyalty to Trinity.

 

On a side note, 40% chance of rain tomorrow night. I wonder if Glaser will bring his famous umbrella?

No question about it. I have friends that went to X & I always hope they win when they aren't playing us, as there is, outside of the ages of the two schools, virtually no difference in the two in terms of the folks in each community. Each has it's area's of strength & area's in need of improvement but only the blindest X homers would deny that, as an institution, they tend to look down their noses at what they view as the nouveau riche Rocks. That's why it's so much fun to beat them head to head, regardless of the venue... Good luck Tigers & GO ROCKS!!

 

From Trinity's founding in the 50's till the early 90's Trinity was definitely a blue collar school in that most of the kids attending T were most likely the first generation in their family to attend college whereas I would expect a much much higher percentage of St. X students came from white collar backgrounds and were probably second/third/whatever generations in their family to go to college so I would assume that is where some of the "looking down upon little brother in St. Matthews" came from and still lurks around. Many of the kids at during that time frame probably had fathers, grandfathers, etc. who went to X before going to college being that X was founded in 1864 and has many multi generations going through it.

First of all, on the topic of the thread, I think T wins, but frankly I haven't seen either team this year. I do think it will be closer only because T seems to have closer games this year, and may be beatable.

Nobody likes to win as much as me. I have never agreed with T's decision to conduct national searches for High School coaches. This is high school, not college. On the other hand, X always seems to promote or hire from within, which I think can be a problem at times. I am not sold on Wolford as coach yet.

My sons played for Coach Glaser, and they and their friends, both players and reserves, have a respect for Mike which I think is important. I think he has taught the right values, and this is an all important part of his program. He has the "10 year plan"-He wants everyone to see his players, win or lose, 10 years after they graduate.

I have no problem with T, its players, coaches, etc. I do not consider myself an elitist. I just agree with the program's direction, without agreeing on the offense.

Mike will be at X after he quits coaching. I don't think Coach Beatty has the loyalty to the school outside of football, to remain and teach. This simply goes to the national search issue.

Good luck to both teams. Go Tigers! And I hope neither tean suffers any injuries.

 

 

 

I have heard that when Beatty quits coaching at Trinity he will return to MO where he is from I believe and owns property. That is fine with me. I find nothing disloyal about that. What I find disturbing is that the X faithful always bring up that Glaser teaches values, does things the right way, etc etc etc. like Beatty is some unethical rogue. And from what i have heard from X grad co-workers, Glaser did not "quit"

Being that I just lost my mother (one week today), due to complications from breast cancer, I pray this is true.

 

Not true! Pink uniforms will be for the Male game.

I think that the St.X offense will be the best T has faced al year, on the flip side T will be the best O & defense the Tigers have faced all year.
Not sure what will happen.....but I do think that Brentwood's offense was very well suited to give us fits......regarding defense the Cincy variation of Xaverians has given us fits somehow.....that's the blue print....whether or not X does that? I'm not sure. As always, I hate this game.....
Seriously would like to know how or why you became such a disgruntled X grad. Cut from a team? No invite to prom? Truly hate running offense? Family member kicked out?
I would think when your child picks the other way, your opinion may sway!
I would think when your child picks the other way, your opinion may sway!

 

Nope, they will not pick high school based off current football success.

 

Very well done article about Coach Glaser in paper. He admits what he is is and isn't. Look forward to watching game tonight in great weather and see what happens.

 

Go Tigers

Nope, they will not pick high school based off current football success.

 

Very well done article about Coach Glaser in paper. He admits what he is is and isn't. Look forward to watching game tonight in great weather and see what happens.

 

Go Tigers

 

It is a nice article. I notice that he laments the number of paraprofessionals in coaching. Does anyone know of a school that would hire a non teacher as head coach? Hmmm. Controversy in Tigertown?

Not true! Pink uniforms will be for the Male game.

 

What do the pink uniforms look like???

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.