Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier/Trinity Predictions

Who wins this matchup? 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I was thinking the same thing till Cincy X stomped Moeller. Hard to judge Moeller now.

 

Didnt see that score. You're right, Moeller is hard to figure.

  • Replies 158
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Enlighten me how X would lose to every team on that schedule.

 

X would score fewer points than all of them.

X would score fewer points than all of them.

 

ok.

 

Enlighten me how X would lose to every team on that schedule.

 

The obvious answer is the collective strength of the passing game of each team. No disrespect to X at all. It has been the reason, as well, for Trinity's defensive struggles this year.

The obvious answer is the collective strength of the passing game of each team. No disrespect to X at all. It has been the reason, as well, for Trinity's defensive struggles this year.

 

Thats understandable. But at the same time X scores points as well.

Since when has having the ability to run the ball been a negative thing?

A wise college coach once said, "there is no such thing as a bad offense, just bad players."

 

Thats understandable. But at the same time X scores points as well.

 

I understand. I don't think you are taking into account, though, that defense has played a huge role in Trinity's wins. I (again, no disrespect intended toward X) don't feel the X D could do a better job against those teams than Trinity did. And I don't believe X's O would fare as well as Trinity's did.

 

I expect a tough game Friday night. I feel this Trinity team is not QUITE as good as last year yet. I feel X is likely better than last year, but not quite yet as good as Trinity. This will make for a good game, but I feel Trinity eeks out another win.

Cincy St.X made the blueprints of how to beat Trinity, and darn near pulled it off. Ball controll... to the point of boring, and defense. Now, the trick is for a team to have all the needed ingredients to do it. Louisville St. X has the gound game tools to pull off the clock grinding phase, but IMO, there has to be some passing involved to make it work. I have not seen a pulse in that department. Still I can see a breakaway TD happening, maybe two. I see the X men scoring more than they have than in the last 2 games, I'll say 17.

Now, if they hold T to under 17 they most certainly deserve to win... but the X defense has allowed an unusual amount of points this year, to inferior offenses. Trinity, unless they self destruct, should hang 28+ on the board. So I say X will lead at half 10-9 but the final will be 30-17.

Cincy St.X made the blueprints of how to beat Trinity, and darn near pulled it off. Ball controll... to the point of boring, and defense. Now, the trick is for a team to have all the needed ingredients to do it. Louisville St. X has the gound game tools to pull off the clock grinding phase, but IMO, there has to be some passing involved to make it work. I have not seen a pulse in that department. Still I can see a breakaway TD happening, maybe two. I see the X men scoring more than they have than in the last 2 games, I'll say 17.

Now, if they hold T to under 17 they most certainly deserve to win... but the X defense has allowed an unusual amount of points this year, to inferior offenses. Trinity, unless they self destruct, should hang 28+ on the board. So I say X will lead at half 10-9 but the final will be 30-17.

 

serious question. is 14/24 a pulse?

Here is what's funny about a select few putting down X's passing offense. Is it great? No. But it doesn't have to be. The X offense doesn't have to throw the ball 35 times a game. They just have to throw it any where from 18-25 times. Now, I don't have their stats infront of me, but there have been references made to the Central game where they threw the ball 5 times I think. Well, is that great? No, but if they can run the ball and beat Central why pass it 30 times just to please everyone? I would like to see their passing stats from the Dutch Fork, Moeller, and the 1st half the Bowling Green game and see how many times they passed the ball.

 

I believe they can throw it when required.

Here is what's funny about a select few putting down X's passing offense. Is it great? No. But it doesn't have to be. The X offense doesn't have to throw the ball 35 times a game. They just have to throw it any where from 18-25 times. Now, I don't have their stats infront of me, but there have been references made to the Central game where they threw the ball 5 times I think. Well, is that great? No, but if they can run the ball and beat Central why pass it 30 times just to please everyone? I would like to see their passing stats from the Dutch Fork, Moeller, and the 1st half the Bowling Green game and see how many times they passed the ball.

 

I believe they can throw it when required.

 

14/24 against Moeller is all i know but im almost positive we threw against Bowling Green a good amount. Anywhere from 5-15 in the Dutch Fork gm.

There is an old expression that you get what you pay for. In football, you pay in practice time and repetitions. X seems to spend a lot of time on their run game. Passing, not so much. You don't get a passing game by pulling it off the shelf every few games. I expect this to be a close game. X is much better than they have been the last couple of years. Trinity is not quite as good as last year. Most of the emotional factors favor X. That said, I'll go with 21-10 Trinity.

There is an old expression that you get what you pay for. In football, you pay in practice time and repetitions. X seems to spend a lot of time on their run game. Passing, not so much. You don't get a passing game by pulling it off the shelf every few games. I expect this to be a close game. X is much better than they have been the last couple of years. Trinity is not quite as good as last year. Most of the emotional factors favor X. That said, I'll go with 21-10 Trinity.

 

Actually X practices the pass just as much as the run.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.