Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier/Trinity Predictions

Who wins this matchup? 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

If the X line can put it together for four quarters this WILL be a game !!

 

This doesn't appear to set up well for X. T's defense against the run seems to be the best I've seen in the past several years. The pass defense is not as good IMO. X passed 4? times against Central. That is not something that you can just turn on for this weeks game so I'd give the advantage to T.

 

On the other side, if Dawkins is healthy, T will put up some points and X' s defense has been spotty this year.

 

Walker will break loose at least once and take it all the way.

 

Kicking game goes to X.

 

I think T will win this one 21-10

  • Replies 158
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But this will be a great game and i believe who ever wants it more will pull it out.
I hate this statement....everyone wants it very bad.

I'm hearing trinity is wearing pink jerseys. No, I am not making a statement or making his up...... I hope it's not true....

I hate this statement....everyone wants it very bad.

 

I agree...trinity didn't beat X the last two years because they wanted it more. Everyone in that stadium "wants it".

 

We're dealing with 15-17 year old kids playing infront of 30k plus fans, I believe which ever team can relax first usally has the edge. Also, which team can handle adversity. Something is going to happen that is going to cause some kind of set back, which ever team can handle that and not let it carry over to the next couple of plays tends to be in good shape.

 

These may sound like common knowledge but every thing in this game magnified x10.

If Trinity plays decent, they win by 21. If they play well, they win by 35.

The only area I think X has the advantage in is the kicking. Ts kicking game looked much better in Indy, not sure it is going to show up again on Friday night. Xs lack of a consistent passing game and their usual implosion in the 2nd half, is the difference. Also Ts difficult schedule to date, is big as well. T 35-17.

I'm hearing trinity is wearing pink jerseys. No, I am not making a statement or making his up...... I hope it's not true....

 

Being that I just lost my mother (one week today), due to complications from breast cancer, I pray this is true.

I hate this statement....everyone wants it very bad.

 

 

Normally I don't like that statement either but this year, the X kids are playing knowing that this will be their coach's last regular season game against Trinity so that does add some more desire then most years. Now, will the desire to have their Coach win his last regular season game make its way to the outcome of this game, I don't know.

Rocks should win this game. If X can hold onto the ball for 16+ minutes in the first half then they may keep it close. If T scores on their first couple of possessions then it could be a 30 point game. Getting Trey Wright back in the defensive backfield is HUGE for T. Hopefully the X faithful come out this year as a lot of them chose to stay home last year. It would be cool to break 40,000 fans for the first time ever, but it will take full support by both schools (and pleasant football weather).

This doesn't appear to set up well for X. T's defense against the run seems to be the best I've seen in the past several years. The pass defense is not as good IMO. X passed 4? times against Central. That is not something that you can just turn on for this weeks game so I'd give the advantage to T.

 

On the other side, if Dawkins is healthy, T will put up some points and X' s defense has been spotty this year.

 

Walker will break loose at least once and take it all the way.

 

Kicking game goes to X.

 

I think T will win this one 21-10

 

T's run D is stout when defending runs up the middle, in a majority of their games; Big runs have been broken to the outside. Also X passed the ball 24 times against Moeller.

T's pass D is suspect as well as defending outside runs.

All those predicting a blowout are completely mislead.

Trinity has played a tough schedule, but X has played 4 good teams as well. Playing Dutch Fork, Central (maybe 3A, but is taking over for Male in the Big 3 in Louisville), Bowling Green, and Moeller have provided X an opportunity to see how "good" they are and how well they match up to different styles of play. The Fern Creek and Doss game are games that allow everyone a chance to play...they are what they are. I think X is just as prepared from a schedule stand point as trinity is.

Trinity 35-14.

IMO, X must limit Quick and Dawkins to one big play a piece. I think X D is solid up the middle. The the screens must be contained. Out of all the stuff Trinity does, the screen passes win them most games as Quick or Dawkins break 2-3 each game,breaking the spirit of the D when they have them in 3rd and long.

 

All that aside X MUST move the ball and score 24 points.

 

Go Tigers

I think X is just as prepared from a scheduling stand point as trinity is.

 

I agree with this statement...

 

For me this game boils down to the health of Dawkins. If healthy, X has to respect the running game of T by using an extra guy in the box, leaving someone uncovered in the passing game (see last years game and T's utilization of Quick on the bubble screen).

 

I also anticipate T using something new this game (maybe pink jerseys) they have yet to show on film!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.