Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier/Trinity Predictions

Who wins this matchup? 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
All those predicting a blowout are completely mislead.

 

We'll see.

  • Replies 158
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I look at it this way: If the two schools combined and formed a team with the best possible players (allowing that some guys from both teams might switch positions) the 22 starters would feature more guys from T than X. However, the edge this year is less than that of last year.

Trinity has played a tough schedule, but X has played 4 good teams as well. Playing Dutch Fork, Central (maybe 3A, but is taking over for Male in the Big 3 in Louisville), Bowling Green, and Moeller have provided X an opportunity to see how "good" they are and how well they match up to different styles of play. The Fern Creek and Doss game are games that allow everyone a chance to play...they are what they are. I think X is just as prepared from a schedule stand point as trinity is.

 

indeed.

I look at it this way: If the two schools combined and formed a team with the best possible players (allowing that some guys from both teams might switch positions) the 22 starters would feature more guys from T than X. However, the edge this year is less than that of last year.

 

How big of a discrepancy are you speaking of? Because you would be surprised.

Last year I don't think X had more than about 6 guys that would have started for T. This year it could be 9, even 10 (out of 22). But there are more truly elite players on the T side of the field. Don't get me wrong; I think X is more than capable of winning this game. I just don't think they will.

Last year I don't think X had more than about 6 guys that would have started for T. This year it could be 9, even 10 (out of 22). But there are more truly elite players on the T side of the field. Don't get me wrong; I think X is more than capable of winning this game. I just don't think they will.

 

Understandable. But i don't think the talent discrepancy is as big as you or anyone thinks. I don't see a 30 point deficit no matter which way you slice it.

Being that I just lost my mother (one week today), due to complications from breast cancer, I pray this is true.

 

RP

 

So very sorry for your loss. Will keep a good thought for you and your family.

Of all Trinity's weapons on offense, Dawkins worries me the most. It's like another version of Quick except he can touch it about 15-20 times a game in a variety of ways. With that being said, X needs to sell out to stopping the run (screens = run). Tell those DBs absolutely nothing gets behind you, NOTHING. Make Wright throw an accurate pass for 5 or 8 yards instead of throwing a bomb to a wide open WR 30 yards down field. X's DBs have to play smart and trust the front 7 to do their job in stopping the run. If they do that X will be in good shape defensively.

Of all Trinity's weapons on offense, Dawkins worries me the most. It's like another version of Quick except he can touch it about 15-20 times a game in a variety of ways. With that being said, X needs to sell out to stopping the run (screens = run). Tell those DBs absolutely nothing gets behind you, NOTHING. Make Wright throw an accurate pass for 5 or 8 yards instead of throwing a bomb to a wide open WR 30 yards down field. X's DBs have to play smart and trust the front 7 to do their job in stopping the run. If they do that X will be in good shape defensively.

 

I have no problem with X stopping the run game. It's the passing game that concerns me, whether that be 5 yards or 20 yards. The pass d shows 0 consistency and that is a grave concern. With that being said, T's pass D is the same way. Walker is just as explosive as quick and Dawkins as far as the big play ability as well as Percell.

I have no problem with X stopping the run game. It's the passing game that concerns me, whether that be 5 yards or 20 yards. The pass d shows 0 consistency and that is a grave concern. With that being said, T's pass D is the same way. Walker is just as explosive as quick and Dawkins as far as the big play ability as well as Percell.

 

Whoa, Whoa, now u r getting ahead of yourself. While i certainly think Charles Walker is an outstanding RB but he is not on the same level as Quick or Dawkins.

 

Also, you X guys are mistaken if you think that X has played similiar competition as T. Yeah I'll give you Moeller but No other team that X faced, they couldn't beat any of the teams Trinity has faced.

Whoa, Whoa, now u r getting ahead of yourself. While i certainly think Charles Walker is an outstanding RB but he is not on the same level as Quick or Dawkins.

 

Also, you X guys are mistaken if you think that X has played similiar competition as T. Yeah I'll give you Moeller but No other team that X faced, they couldn't beat any of the teams Trinity has faced.

 

Bowling Green can beat either of those Tennessee teams and also Elder. Also Dutch Fork could beat Elder and hang with the Tennessee teams. And Big play ability Walker is on the same level as DAwkins maybe not Quick but definitely Dawkins.

Being that I just lost my mother (one week today), due to complications from breast cancer, I pray this is true.

 

I am sorry for your loss!

Bowling Green can beat either of those Tennessee teams and also Elder. Also Dutch Fork could beat Elder and hang with the Tennessee teams. And Big play ability Walker is on the same level as DAwkins maybe not Quick but definitely Dawkins.

I am very familiar with BG and they do not beat either TN team and probably not Elder. I cannot speak to Dutch Fork as I know nothing about them. As for the Walker/Dawkins issue: I think if Walker were at T he would be the best safety in the state of Kentucky. If Dawkins were at X then Walker would be the best safety in the state of Kentucky (and then perhaps the best RB in the state next year).

To expand, Walker very well may be one of the top 5 players in the state. The problem is that at least 3 of the other 4 are at T.

I am very familiar with BG and they do not beat either TN team and probably not Elder. I cannot speak to Dutch Fork as I know nothing about them. As for the Walker/Dawkins issue: I think if Walker were at T he would be the best safety in the state of Kentucky. If Dawkins were at X then Walker would be the best safety in the state of Kentucky (and then perhaps the best RB in the state next year).

 

Definitely beat Elder and Give both Tennessee teams a game. Walker and Dawkins are on the same level. If you believe otherwise tell me why they aren't? Also name the top 5 players in the state. I give you 2 guaranteed at T and 2 guaranteed at X.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.