Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier/Trinity Predictions

Who wins this matchup? 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

It is a nice article. I notice that he laments the number of paraprofessionals in coaching. Does anyone know of a school that would hire a non teacher as head coach? Hmmm. Controversy in Tigertown?

 

Has there every been a hire in any decent program that ALL agree on? When Beatty leaves some will not like replacement choice.

  • Replies 158
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a nice article. I notice that he laments the number of paraprofessionals in coaching. Does anyone know of a school that would hire a non teacher as head coach? Hmmm. Controversy in Tigertown?

 

I didn't even think of that - till you just mentioned it. Hhhhmmmmmmm

 

"My hypocrisy only goes so far.".........................Doc Holiday - "Tombstone" :confused::confused:

From Trinity's founding in the 50's till the early 90's Trinity was definitely a blue collar school in that most of the kids attending T were most likely the first generation in their family to attend college whereas I would expect a much much higher percentage of St. X students came from white collar backgrounds and were probably second/third/whatever generations in their family to go to college so I would assume that is where some of the "looking down upon little brother in St. Matthews" came from and still lurks around. Many of the kids at during that time frame probably had fathers, grandfathers, etc. who went to X before going to college being that X was founded in 1864 and has many multi generations going through it.

 

Add to the above the fact that in the 50s and 60s, today's placement test was an entrance exam, and some who took the test were not accepted, and attended other Catholic high schools. This happened to a cousin of mine...Don't know when that changed-probably before the start of busing because the catholic schools were experiencing a decline. My class graduated about 330. As I recall, Trinity, while smaller, still had relatively large classes then, just don't know the numbers. Several of my grade school friends went there, I think, partly because tuition was a little less and the bus from our neighborhood went straight there. I would agree that at the beginning in large part it probably was more blue collar thn today.

 

And, Yes, I do not believe the resignation was 100% voluntary.

GameDay. Goodluck to both teams and pray for no injuries.

I voted in the poll early in the week, but decided I needed to put off the game prediction until later. Later as arrived so here it goes...

 

I believe the first have will be played evenly...with the Tigers gaining confidence because of their ability to sustain drives. Trinity's offense will move the ball, but I believe X's dline will cause enough problems to throw Wright off rhythem. The Tigers will find a way to get off the field on 3rd downs and go into half with the game tied at 10.

 

The last couple of years it feels like Trinity lets you think you have a chance in the 1st half and then comes out and just smacks you in the 2nd half. I think Trinity will come out in the 2nd half hot on offense scoring a TD and a field goal to go up 20-10. I still believe X will be able to move the ball on Trinity the entire game and answers those two scoring drives late in the 3rd quarter to cut the lead to 20-17.

 

It stays that way until the X scores on a long TD pass to go up 24-20. X's defense is able to hold onto the lead and the Tigers leave the Pizza Palace still leading the overall series with a 24-20 victory!!!!

 

We'll see if this plays out, but I'll take a Tiger win in any fashion!

 

Good Luck Tigers!!

Edited by rockmom

Does anyone know if the game will be rebroadcast anywhere on Louisville television?

Does anyone know if the game will be rebroadcast anywhere on Louisville television?

 

ive been told ihigh.

I voted in the poll early in the week, but decided I needed to put off the game prediction until later. Later as arrived so here it goes...

 

I believe the first have will be played evenly...with the Tigers gaining confidence because of their ability to sustain drives. Trinity's offense will move the ball, but I believe X's dline will cause enough problems to throw Wright off rhythem. The Tigers will find a way to get off the field on 3rd downs and go into half with the game tied at 10.

 

The last couple of years it feels like Trinity lets you think you have a chance in the 1st half and then comes out and just smacks you in the 2nd half. I think Trinity will come out in the 2nd half hot on offense scoring a TD and a field goal to go up 20-10. I still believe X will be able to move the ball on Trinity the entire game and answers those two scoring drives late in the 3rd quarter to cut the lead to 20-17.

 

It stays that way until the X scores on a long TD pass to go up 24-20. X's defense is able to hold onto the lead and the Tigers leave the Pizza Palace still leading the overall series with a 24-20 victory!!!!

 

We'll see if this plays out, but I'll take a Tiger win in any fashion!

 

Good Luck Tigers!!!

 

Edited

Edited by rockmom

What do the pink uniforms look like???

 

I am pretty sure they look like pink uniforms!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.