Taxes

If more people are employeed by the government, socially secured by the government, helped with unemployement by the government then more people are buying items, creating demand, spurring manufacturing. How do you expect there to be a increase in demand to allow the private sector to grow if the bulk of the money in our system is in the hands of a few who aren't spending it? That's like saying a plant can grow even though I'm going to remove all the nutrients from the soil.

You just adequately explained how our society works. The money is in the hands of a few. Its because of government interference which is why we have Mega corporations. I asked ace on here to name corporations that haven't had government help regarding money or regulations that help them. You won't find very many.

Thank you for proving point that mixed markets do not work.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The federal government - as of the CBO plan right now will be reducing jobs the next few years. The government must lay out many workers....to pay for medicare and interest on the debt.

Do not look to federal government to be a job creator the next decade. In fact - according to its own plan it will add to the unemployment number to pay for HHS and Interest.

You don't even realize we have been doing what you wish for the past 100 years. Yet you still blame our problems on the free markets that don't exist and the evil businessman.

This country had a free market once, it led to monopolies, an even worse income and wealth discrepancy than we currently have and horrible working conditions. We were on the gold standard and pretty much all of the other policies that Ron Paul currently advocates and it led to a nice big depression. The Gilded age was pretty bad for most people. I also love how you continue to put words in my mouth like evil businessman but if you feel that makes your argument more effective be my guest.

This country had a free market once, it led to monopolies, an even worse income and wealth discrepancy than we currently have and horrible working conditions. We were on the gold standard and pretty much all of the other policies that Ron Paul currently advocates and it led to a nice big depression. The Gilded age was pretty bad for most people. I also love how you continue to put words in my mouth like evil businessman but if you feel that makes your argument more effective be my guest.

I would love to know when we had a pure free market.

Your allegation about Ron Paul is 100% false.

Sure, you didn't say evil businessman. However, you certainly do not advocate in helping them out: wanting to implement more taxation; more government oversight; wanting the government, rather than consumers, to decide where to allocate resources and money. You have openly spoken of this.