Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recruiting 2014 Edition

Featured Replies

^ Arizona, Kentucky, USC. And that's the order I'd rank them in.

  • Replies 821
  • Views 91.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kentucky Recruiting @RecruitKentucky

James Blackmon will announce his decision on October 22, 4 days after BBM.

This seems to be a class Cal will build future teams with. This class seems full of 2-3 year players for UK. Evidently Cal will be swinging for the fences in 2015.

This seems to be a class Cal will build future teams with. This class seems full of 2-3 year players for UK. Evidently Cal will be swinging for the fences in 2015.

 

I expect an outstanding 2015 class.

This seems to be a class Cal will build future teams with. This class seems full of 2-3 year players for UK. Evidently Cal will be swinging for the fences in 2015.

 

I expect an outstanding 2015 class.

 

Yeah if he can pair Ulis, Blackmon, Booker, and possibly even Towns and Lyles with guys like Malik Newman, Charles Matthews, and Skal Labissiere (sp?), it's going to be game over!

Have to keep in mind we don't know who comes back from this years team. I think a lot of that rides on how this season plays out.

Have to keep in mind we don't know who comes back from this years team. I think a lot of that rides on how this season plays out.

 

Agree I could see 5 to 7 leaving this year. My question is how many will stay the next year and how many scholly's will we have.

Edited by gold sunrise

Well at least spots/playing time is filling up at Kansas.

As long as Calipari is the coach we will have talent. May not always mesh although point guard seems answered for a few years now. My concern all along is whenever Cal leaves or retires and the wheel stops spinning we will be in a world of hurt. But I am enjoying the ride while it lasts.

As long as Calipari is the coach we will have talent. May not always mesh although point guard seems answered for a few years now. My concern all along is whenever Cal leaves or retires and the wheel stops spinning we will be in a world of hurt. But I am enjoying the ride while it lasts.

 

I think Cal has built this program up so much where whoever takes over will be able to recruit based off the name again. Once Cal is gone this program will still be set

Just a few years back Kansas recruiting was down, Perry Ellis was their best recruit, now Self is Cal reborn.

Just a few years back Kansas recruiting was down, Perry Ellis was their best recruit, now Self is Cal reborn.

 

They had their fair share of 5* recruits before Ellis. For example, the majority of the 2007-2008 National Championship was pretty much all highly recruited players and 5*'s. Xavier Henry, Josh Selby, etc. Difference is they were more rare for KU than they are now. But yeah, Self's turning into Cal really fast out of nowhere.

  • Author

Oubre has picked KU.

 

The dad is either disingenuous or not very smart when it comes to Coach Cal.

 

Kelly Oubre?s father not a fan of the one-and-done » UK basketball and football recruiting news

“That’s one of the reasons behind choosing Kansas,” Kelly Oubre Sr. told the newspaper. “Coach Self doesn’t kick you out if you are not ready. I don’t care too much for it (one-and-done) because if you look at it over the last couple drafts, the success of the guys one-and-done is few and far between. Every once in a while you find guys who can make it through. I’m more concerned about his education after maybe a two-year stint or three-year stint. How close is he to that degree and having a greater business mind going into the next level, whatever that is? I think the first year in college as well as the pros, maybe two, is a learning curve. That learning curve can be cut considerably if he stayed and developed in college.”

  • Author

Blackmon has confirmed he plans to announce on 10.22.

Oubre has picked KU.

 

The dad is either disingenuous or not very smart when it comes to Coach Cal.

 

Kelly Oubre?s father not a fan of the one-and-done » UK basketball and football recruiting news

“That’s one of the reasons behind choosing Kansas,” Kelly Oubre Sr. told the newspaper. “Coach Self doesn’t kick you out if you are not ready. I don’t care too much for it (one-and-done) because if you look at it over the last couple drafts, the success of the guys one-and-done is few and far between. Every once in a while you find guys who can make it through. I’m more concerned about his education after maybe a two-year stint or three-year stint. How close is he to that degree and having a greater business mind going into the next level, whatever that is? I think the first year in college as well as the pros, maybe two, is a learning curve. That learning curve can be cut considerably if he stayed and developed in college.”

I'm going to laugh when he kicks butt and declares after his Freshman season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.