Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recruiting 2014 Edition

Featured Replies

 

 

 

Friend beside me in class is a Kansas alum, he says Kansas and SMU are going to be tough to beat out for him.

 

That's my first instinct but you can't ever count Baylor out for this type of player. The recent allegations at Baylor may keep it from happening but he's the athletic big man Scott Drew can normally get. Ekpe Udoh, PJ III, Quincy Miller, Isaiah Austin, etc.

  • Replies 821
  • Views 91.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's my first instinct but you can't ever count Baylor out for this type of player. The recent allegations at Baylor may keep it from happening but he's the athletic big man Scott Drew can normally get. Ekpe Udoh, PJ III, Quincy Miller, Isaiah Austin, etc.

 

Know what you're saying, but he's a kid whose from the DFW Metroplex area. Mudiay and Pound for Pound Larry Brown may be in his ear pretty hard. Wouldn't be the worst guard to be fed the ball from.

 

Know what you're saying, but he's a kid whose from the DFW Metroplex area. Mudiay and Pound for Pound Larry Brown may be in his ear pretty hard. Wouldn't be the worst guard to be fed the ball from.

 

Yeah but SMU getting two top five talents in one class? Larry Brown or not that would be impressive. Kansas scares me more than SMU but like you said you can't count them out.

  • Author

FWIW

 

Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky 52s

James Blackmon and Trey Lyles will be the next two commitments for the Wildcats, with Devin Booker following after.

  • Author

Brian Snow ‏@BSnowScout 21m

Just got back from Marion HS. Everyone knows that James Blackmon is an elite shooter, and he proved it

Yeah but SMU getting two top five talents in one class? Larry Brown or not that would be impressive. Kansas scares me more than SMU but like you said you can't count them out.

 

 

Know what you're saying, but Turner has another hometown kid whose an elite national prospect in Emmanuel Mudiay in his ear too. Larry Brown can probably make a really solid pitch to him about being the coach he needs if he wants to maximize his potential and develop his game to get ready for the pros. Brown has apparently been after him hard. I could see him and Mudiay pitching him something like, "at Kentucky, you'll be another guy, but if we build something here, you'll always be a legend, and in your own hometown, let's start something special".

 

I honestly think that SMU has a better chance than Kansas. Realistically, how well has Bill Self developed guys for the pros? And if you're going to stay close to home (Kansas), why not just stay at home? Not saying Kansas has no shot, but I think it's going to end up being Kentucky or SMU.

 

Neither Kentucky or SMU will really be hurt by coming on so late in the game because he didn't play on the AAU circuit much, if any, last year because of an injury.

 

Remember what a surprise it was when Mudiay suddenly cancelled his visits and announced he was ready to make a decision, then chose SMU? Plenty of people were surprised. Plenty more may be surprised if Turner chooses SMU, but I won't be one of them.

 

With all of that said, I'm a Kentucky fan through and through, so if we really want him, I hope we end up getting him. I just think we're in for a battle to do it if we choose to pursue him as our top target.

 

It looks most likely that he'll pick either Kentucky, Kansas, or SMU, but I'll probably give SMU a better chance than most. Reasonable minds can differ though, and I'm sure that you have solid reasons for thinking Kansas has a better shot than SMU. That's just my take on why I feel as I do, and us both having good reasons for thinking different schools probably speaks to how open his recruitment is right now.

  • Author

Jason Jordan ‏@JayJayUSATODAY 42m

Devin Booker (@DevinBook) tells me that #Kentucky brought "a full house" (All the coaches) to Moss Point for his open gym today. #BBN

Whew with Towns, and Ullis the addition of Blackmon, Booker, and Lyles would be huge. Any chance at Okafor, or Alexander?

Whew with Towns, and Ullis the addition of Blackmon, Booker, and Lyles would be huge. Any chance at Okafor, or Alexander?

 

Never thought I'd say it, but UK has a better chance with Okafor now then they even do with Alexander with Alexander being crazy about this "package" with JaQuan Lyle. That's saying something with UK's chances with Okafor not being very high. You're definitely leaving out Stanley Johnson/Kelly Oubre though. I'm pretty sure UK will get at least one of the two.

FWIW

 

Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky 52s

James Blackmon and Trey Lyles will be the next two commitments for the Wildcats, with Devin Booker following after.

 

 

[h=3]Big-name coaches making way to Marion for James Blackmon Jr.[/h]James Blackmon Jr., a 6-3 guard ranked No. 23 in the country in the 2014 class by Rivals.com, is the main attraction. Indiana coach Tom Crean was in attendance today for an open gym, and Kentucky’s John Calipari, North Carolina’s Roy Williams, Kansas’ Bill Self and Michigan’s John Beilein have all been through Marion in the past few days.

“I probably won’t take all five official visits because I’ll probably decide before that happens,” he said. “I’m looking for a coach that I can really trust and a team that has a chance to compete for a national championship and has good players to play around. A coach who will help me get to the next level.”

Big-name coaches making way to Marion for James Blackmon Jr. | Recruiting Central

I'm going with

 

Ulis

Booker & Blackmon

Johnson & Oubre

Lyles

Towns

 

Lee and possibly Dakari return. Maybe James Young.

 

I too believe that we will get these players, hope so.

I too believe that we will get these players, hope so.

 

Oubre/Johnson is the only one im shaky with right now, but think we can get at least one. Both would be huge, but if you could get one of those elite slashers to go with two elite shooters in Blackmon and Booker the 2/3 spots will be just fine.

 

If you could get both though, my lord this could be a versatile team. Kill you with athletic ability and toughness, or with finesse. A lot of combinations you could put on the floor with Blackmon, Booker, Oubre, and Johnson. You would have to think Johnson would start at the two and Oubre the three in that situation but if Cal wanted to mix shooting into the starting lineup he could replace one with Booker and bring the other along with Blackmon off the bench for some very nice backcourt/wing depth.

 

Just really like how this class is shaping up.

Whew with Towns, and Ullis the addition of Blackmon, Booker, and Lyles would be huge. Any chance at Okafor, or Alexander?

 

 

That would certainly change the look of this class in a hurry.

[h=3]Big-name coaches making way to Marion for James Blackmon Jr.[/h]James Blackmon Jr., a 6-3 guard ranked No. 23 in the country in the 2014 class by Rivals.com, is the main attraction. Indiana coach Tom Crean was in attendance today for an open gym, and Kentucky’s John Calipari, North Carolina’s Roy Williams, Kansas’ Bill Self and Michigan’s John Beilein have all been through Marion in the past few days.

“I probably won’t take all five official visits because I’ll probably decide before that happens,” he said. “I’m looking for a coach that I can really trust and a team that has a chance to compete for a national championship and has good players to play around. A coach who will help me get to the next level.”

Big-name coaches making way to Marion for James Blackmon Jr. | Recruiting Central

 

 

Sounds like he's reading Cal's resume over the past 5 years. I know other Coaches fall in to that category as well but Cal's name has been hot as of late.

Bill Self is the only thing from stopping UK from being a mega dynasty.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.