Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recruiting 2014 Edition

Featured Replies

Speculation is that 6'6 slasher Kelly Oubre out of Findlay Prep is down to UK and KU.

 

Will he have any eligibility issues?

  • Replies 821
  • Views 91.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan Bodner @KYHoopsBuzz

Spoke to a couple of people I trust on one of the rumors circulating. Sounds like Kentucky has its next commitment lined up.

Speculation is that 6'6 slasher Kelly Oubre out of Findlay Prep is down to UK and KU.

 

I've seen a couple of basketball folks (non-UK folks) say that UK leads for Oubre.

I've seen a couple of basketball folks (non-UK folks) say that UK leads for Oubre.

Awesome, I really like this kid. He is a baller. Hope we get him.

Will he have any eligibility issues?

 

I had the same thought when I read that.

Awesome, I really like this kid. He is a baller. Hope we get him.

 

I don't know a lot about him, so I'll take your word for it. :thumb:

Hopefully they can convince Oubre to play with Johnson. Still love Johnson's game and I hope he can end up here. Kind of surprised by that though. Of all the recruits aside from Dante Exum, we were probably hearing the least about Oubre.

I don't know a lot about him, so I'll take your word for it. :thumb:

 

1196420m.jpg

 

He's a quick and increasingly aggressive slasher who excels at the jumpstop that leads into a tomahawk slam. He's especially fond of baseline drives, and his ability to get above defenders results in numerous fouls along with and-ones. He's also a pretty good shooter. Not great, but pretty good. His leaping ability has improved significantly, and he's able to climb the offensive glass for putbacks and tip-dunks. He excels defensively as well.

I would be happy with Oubre, I would probably take him over Justice Winslow (in Cal's system at least). Hope this isn't a sign that its not looking good for Johnson. Johnson could play the two or three so there's still hope, but him and Winslow had talked about playing together as well. Can't complain either way, any time you get a top 15 kid you should be happy, but Stanley Johnson is the guy I wanted to see at UK the most out of this class.

but Stanley Johnson is the guy I wanted to see at UK the most out of this class.

 

:thumb:

Towns, Ulis, and Johnson would be nice to see.

Edited by JokersWild24

Dream Class:

 

PG - Emmanuel Mudiay

SG - Justice Winslow

SF - Stanley Johnson/Kelly Obure

PF - Cliff Alexander

C - Jahlil Okafor

 

 

Realistically Hopeful Class:

 

PG - Tyler Ulis

SG - Justice Winslow / Rashad Vaughn / Devin Booker

SF - Kelly Oubre / Stanley Johnson

PF - Karl Towns Jr. / Trey Lyles

C - Myles Turner / Jahlil Okafor

Dream Class:

 

PG - Emmanuel Mudiay

SG - Justice Winslow

SF - Stanley Johnson/Kelly Obure

PF - Cliff Alexander

C - Jahlil Okafor

 

Realistically Hopeful Class:

 

PG - Tyler Ulis

SG - Justice Winslow / Rashad Vaughn / Devin Booker

SF - Kelly Oubre / Stanley Johnson

PF - Karl Towns Jr. / Trey Lyles

C - Myles Turner / Jahlil Okafor

 

I'm going with

 

Ulis

Booker & Blackmon

Johnson & Oubre

Lyles

Towns

 

Lee and possibly Dakari return. Maybe James Young.

Myles Turner may still be a possibility depending on how It pans out. If Dakari comes back maybe not. Too early to tell where he's leaning although Kansas or one of the Texas schools may prevail.

Myles Turner may still be a possibility depending on how It pans out. If Dakari comes back maybe not. Too early to tell where he's leaning although Kansas or one of the Texas schools may prevail.

 

As a UK fan, Rick Barnes worries me about as much as I worry about Joker Phillips coaching in the NFL and beating my favorite team in the 2015 Super Bowl. He had Durant, one of the top players who went to college in the past decade or so, and couldn't do much with him. I think it was an 8 or 9 seed.

 

Friend beside me in class is a Kansas alum from the DFW area who follows recruiting, and he says Kansas and SMU are going to be tough to beat out for him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.