Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recruiting 2014 Edition

Featured Replies

I can't see Tyus Jones at UK. I'm skeptical of Okafor as well, though he does seem a bit more realistic than Jones.

 

Better get Ulis.

  • Replies 821
  • Views 91.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't see Tyus Jones at UK. I'm skeptical of Okafor as well, though he does seem a bit more realistic than Jones.

 

Better get Ulis.

 

Ulis is most likely option at this point, however, its not time to totally throw in the towel on Jones. Perhaps Jones to UK never made sense because it was assumed Mudiay was their guy and not Jones. Now lets say Cal puts the press on Jones and tells him he wants him to be the next great PG he has. If his buddy Okafor is on board with it, it could be enough to sway Jones if he gets enough love from the staff to make up for playing him second fiddle behind Mudiay. If Cal can mend the fences he can make it interesting. I think Tyus Jones dis interest in UK came from not wanting to share a backcourt with Emmanual Mudiay. You take that from the equation and now it becomes Jones' team perhaps accompanied by a slew of talent.

Ulis is most likely option at this point, however, its not time to totally throw in the towel on Jones. Perhaps Jones to UK never made sense because it was assumed Mudiay was their guy and not Jones. Now lets say Cal puts the press on Jones and tells him he wants him to be the next great PG he has. If his buddy Okafor is on board with it, it could be enough to sway Jones if he gets enough love from the staff to make up for playing him second fiddle behind Mudiay. If Cal can mend the fences he can make it interesting. I think Tyus Jones dis interest in UK came from not wanting to share a backcourt with Emmanual Mudiay. You take that from the equation and now it becomes Jones' team perhaps accompanied by a slew of talent.

 

I like your optimism. :thumb:

 

However, I thought UK would get Wiggins & I felt like Mudiay was without question a Cat. So maybe things will improve by returning to my Negative Nancy ways.

 

Said the coach Cal fan. I do love irony... :lol2:

 

That's weak. Prove something.

I thought Matt Jones made a good point on this commitment. For all those who think Coach Cal pays players. When he loses Wiggins , Muhammed , Mudaiy or any host of targets. Do they think he all of a sudden gets cheap?

I think this all came down to SMU being close to home and accepting his brother. Coach Cal showed in Will Barton recruitment he won't waste a scholarship on a player to land his better realitive. Stinks UK lost him. But I trust CAL to land another top class.

 

Agree with the bolded and you can't blame the kid for that. I wish him the best.

  • Author

Clif Alexander's coach says he does not have a top 3 at this point.

Clif Alexander's coach says he does not have a top 3 at this point.

 

Still would love for Kentucky to land him, but it's looking less and less likely by the day. He may not be that far along in the process to have a top three, but with all the traction for Lyles I couldn't see Alexander coming as well (especially with Towns and possibly Dakari on the roster for next year). May be wrong, I would love to have them both, but thats just dreaming.

 

 

 

I think at the end of the day he may pop for KU. Just seems like the type of talent Self has been able to get lately, he's been snatching at least one top 10'er here pretty regularly so I think Alexander is that guy for his class.

UK reportedly interested in 2014 PG (3 star according to scout) Dominic Magee.

UK reportedly interested in 2014 PG (3 star according to scout) Dominic Magee.

 

 

247's Chris Fisher has him rated a 4 star. This from KSR:

 

Dominic_Magee.jpg

With Emmanuel Mudiay out of the picture, Cal is doing his best to make sure the point guard position for 2014 is covered. According to 247′s Chris Fisher, Kentucky offered 4-star point guard Dominic MaGee a spot on Monday:

 

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/category/basketball-recruiting-2/

Dan Bodner @KYHoopsBuzz

Latest on Dominic Magee: Calipari is supposed to contact him this week, but no official offer yet. Staff still evaluating him.

The fans that should really be upset are the Longhorns fans. Kid wants to stay in TX yet chooses a team that has never been strong with no history over the Horns.

 

As a Texas native, I'll just tell you, most Longhorn fans don't know or care that they have a basketball team. It's basically just year round football.

Agree with the bolded and you can't blame the kid for that. I wish him the best.

 

What she said.

 

Also, SMU is a very posh, ritzy private school. They also have a former NBA coach who is the only person to win both an NCAA and NBA title. I can see why going there was attractive to him given all three of those factors. It could end up being a really good fit for him.

Dan Bodner @KYHoopsBuzz

Latest on Dominic Magee: Calipari is supposed to contact him this week, but no official offer yet. Staff still evaluating him.

 

Is this a sign that we aren't sold on Tyler Ullis?

 

Or is this a sign that Tyler Ullis may not be sold on us? I could see him worrying about being recruited over.

Is this a sign that we aren't sold on Tyler Ullis?

 

Or is this a sign that Tyler Ullis may not be sold on us? I could see him worrying about being recruited over.

 

I don't think UK is as involved with Magee as it's being let on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.