Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recruiting 2014 Edition

Featured Replies

 

It's just all cyclical. The run Cal was on in recruiting was never going to happen every year...

 

Unfortunately I just though the combination of Cal/Kentucky was going to be the same force to deal with for the foreseeable future. He will always have a top 5 class, but this may mark the first year in a trend of not having the overwhelming favorite.

 

Losing Mudiay would hurt, but if they could still close on Lyles, Johnson, Blackmon, Booker/Vaughn, they would still have a solid class. PG is obviously the emphasis now and I like Ulis, it will just be a much different Calipari team without that super elite top 10 draft pick point. We all saw first hand what happens when he doesn't have that, but hopefully they can make it work.

 

 

I like Ulis a lot, but starting to question the decision not to offer Perkins.

  • Replies 821
  • Views 91.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets enjoy 2013-2014 BBN worry about the rest later.

Lets enjoy 2013-2014 BBN worry about the rest later.

 

I'm not worried. Calipari and recruiting is nothing to really worry about. This one only stings because like many I figured the class would be built around Mudiay and his skill set. Your basically taking the biggest piece out of the puzzle but you still have to fit it together.

Wanting to play for a Hall of Fame coaching legend is lame???

Nope he is legendary!

 

Ask the folks at KU, they almost got a legendary punishment (Death Penalty was considered) for violations during his time at Kansas.

 

N.C.A.A. Acts Against Kansas - NYTimes.com

Nope he is legendary!

 

Ask the folks at KU, they almost got a legendary punishment (Death Penalty was considered) for violations during his time at Kansas.

 

N.C.A.A. Acts Against Kansas - NYTimes.com

 

Said the coach Cal fan. I do love irony... :lol2:

Said the coach Cal fan. I do love irony... :lol2:

 

They all Cheat....

Said the coach Cal fan. I do love irony... :lol2:
I love how you dismiss Browns past deviations of the rules with the NCAA and just take a jab at me and the UK coach.

 

Has Cal ever been convicted of a crime the way Brown was by the NCAA...outsiders give Camby money after he arrived at UMASS and NCAA cleared Rose to play only to recant it later, not sure where Cal gets the blame for either and BTW neither did the NCAA.

 

Of course you know this but it doesn't fit with you making a snide little clever remark.

I love how you dismiss Browns past deviations of the rules with the NCAA and just take a jab at me and the UK coach.

 

Has Cal ever been convicted of a crime the way Brown was by the NCAA...outsiders give Camby money after he arrived at UMASS and NCAA cleared Rose to play only to recant it later, not sure where Cal gets the blame for either and BTW neither did the NCAA.

 

Of course you know this but it doesn't fit with you making a snide little clever remark.

 

Did I ever say Brown wasn't dirty? Of course he is. Apple doesn't fall far from the coaching tree and what not... :thumb:

Who cares he wont qualify anyway right...? ?Smile

I love how you dismiss Browns past deviations of the rules with the NCAA and just take a jab at me and the UK coach.

 

Has Cal ever been convicted of a crime the way Brown was by the NCAA...outsiders give Camby money after he arrived at UMASS and NCAA cleared Rose to play only to recant it later, not sure where Cal gets the blame for either and BTW neither did the NCAA.

 

Of course you know this but it doesn't fit with you making a snide little clever remark.

 

And once again for the record I have long said Cal isn't cheating at UK. No need to. Memphis and UMass? Lots of dirty even if his name wasn't tied to it...

Wonder now if Prim Prep and Mudiay will play in the Marshall Co Hoop fest?

I thought Matt Jones made a good point on this commitment. For all those who think Coach Cal pays players. When he loses Wiggins , Muhammed , Mudaiy or any host of targets. Do they think he all of a sudden gets cheap?

 

I think this all came down to SMU being close to home and accepting his brother. Coach Cal showed in Will Barton recruitment he won't waste a scholarship on a player to land his better realitive. Stinks UK lost him. But I trust CAL to land another top class.

  • Author
I thought Matt Jones made a good point on this commitment. For all those who think Coach Cal pays players. When he loses Wiggins , Muhammed , Mudaiy or any host of targets. Do they think he all of a sudden gets cheap?

 

I think this all came down to SMU being close to home and accepting his brother. Coach Cal showed in Will Barton recruitment he won't waste a scholarship on a player to land his better realitive. Stinks UK lost him. But I trust CAL to land another top class.

 

The fans that should really be upset are the Longhorns fans. Kid wants to stay in TX yet chooses a team that has never been strong with no history over the Horns.

The fans that should really be upset are the Longhorns fans. Kid wants to stay in TX yet chooses a team that has never been strong with no history over the Horns.

 

I saw that tweeted out by Gottlieb and I agree. Its one thing for UK to pull the Harrison twins and Randle out of the state. But for a kid wanting to stay home and choosing SMU over Texas , well that hurts.

Would be crazy if this turn of events led to Jones/Okafor coming to UK. I don't get the vibe Okafor has totally ruled out Kentucky, and from the sounds of it Jones is still interested in UK and perhaps more so now that Mudiay is out of the fold. Maybe a blessing in disguise if Cal can work his magic and get those two to go with Towns, Lyles, and two of either Johnson/Booker/Vaughn/Blackmon.

 

 

The guy I feel they need most in this class is Stanley Johnson, I love what he will bring to any teams hes a part of (which is pretty much everything). He may be a mini MKG, and this team will need that (especially if they don't land an elite PG like Mudiay or Jones). If they can get James Young back, playing him and Johnson at the two and three would make for a wonderful backcourt no matter who is running point. If Kentucky can still land enough talent, Ulis wouldn't be bad either considering his ability to distribute. That only becomes a problem if there is lack of options to distribute too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.