Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chick-Fil-A is anti-gay marriage

Featured Replies

Did a little Googling of Mr. Adam Smith. Both the Vante and Eller School of Business web sites where this tool "teaches" are "down for maintenance". Apparently after Mr. Smith posted this to YouTube it almost immediately began getting negative reaction so he tried to pull it, but alas it had already gone viral. I hope his bosses are really happy with the notoriety he has brought there way.

 

The guy got fired after his video went viral. What's that old saying? Better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to speak out and remove all doubt.

  • Replies 599
  • Views 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was taught that God's intention of sex is for reproduction only so wouldn't having sex for recreation even though you're married be a sin if we are talking 'God's intention?'

 

 

Who taught you that?

2 things from this thread.

 

1 - I don't think anyone is shocked by Mr Christy's stance but the amount of "outrage" is a bit extreme.

 

2 - I sin A LOT!!!

So you're friends with Betty? :D
It would be outside what God intends, which is one man & one woman (Genesis 2). The Bible uses marriage as an illustration of Christ's relationship to the church (the church is called the bride of Christ, for example). The Bible also instructs us to keep the marriage bed pure (somewhere in the book of Hebrews). So the plan is one man, one woman, one lifetime.

 

Of course, humans eventually went their own way, so when Moses comes along & God gives the Law, there is an allowance for divorce in there. If a husband found there to be something indecent about his wife, he could write her a bill of divorce. Something "indecent" meant unfaithfulness, but humans watered that down over time.

 

A handful watered marriage down even more when they took multiple wives. King Solomon was the main man involved in doing this, along with some other Israelite kings. They did this for political purposes & God seemed to overlook it in Solomon's case. But in the New Testament Jesus & the New Testament writers restored the original ideal of one man, one woman, one lifetime.

 

Sorry for the Sunday School lesson, but that's the best way I can answer.

Thank you for the answer. Informative.

 

One other quick question, does this make pornography a sin from a viewer standpoint?

So you're friends with Betty? :D

 

The wife is not...

Thank you for the answer. Informative.

 

One other quick question, does this make pornography a sin from a viewer standpoint?

 

Yes. I don't see how it could be anything but that, especially when Jesus stated that adultery wasn't just an act, but the thought that led to the act. He said that thinking about someone sexually is the same as actually being with them sexually.

 

And after he said that, I'm sure there was a collective, predominantly male groan in his audience.

Thank you for the answer. Informative.

 

One other quick question, does this make pornography a sin from a viewer standpoint?

 

What is pornography?

Yes. I don't see how it could be anything but that, especially when Jesus stated that adultery wasn't just an act, but the thought that led to the act. He said that thinking about someone sexually is the same as actually being with them sexually.

 

And after he said that, I'm sure there was a collective, predominantly male groan in his audience.

...so if it's just for "educational purposes". :D
What is pornography?

 

I can't provide you with a definition of what it is, but I know it when I see it.

  • Author
What are those anti gay groups? Do they do anything other than being anti gay? Have you reviewed their 990 forms?

 

No. The Internet told me. :D

  • Author
Who taught you that?

 

I can't remember. I spent my childhood in a Catholic school M-F, Catholic church on Saturday night and Baptist church Sunday morning. Actively involved in all three as an altar boy, had first communion, confirmation, CYO, Wednesday night service and sang in the choir. I'm sure that belief I posted came from someone from my youth.

This might be the best message from the Chick-fil-a saga that I've seen. :thumb:

 

 

Chick Fil A Response.jpg

  • Author
This might be the best message from the Chick-fil-a saga that I've seen. :thumb:

 

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37077[/ATTACH]

 

 

TB&G posted it about 3-4 pages ago and it sparked another 2-3 pages of discussion.

 

I'm telling you...whoever started this thread is a genius. Should probably get an award or something(in our case a tee shirt maybe) Call it a Preppy or something you know? Greatest Thread of the Year Award. Best Poster of the Year. Kind of like the Oscars or Grammys. The Preppys. Whoever started this thread would get my vote. Freaking genius. Mensa.

 

 

Just don't give him any silly math riddles. Could be his kryptonite.

So I went to Florence today with the goal of a)getting a grilled chicken sandwich and b)seeing if the kissing was going on. Parking lot prevented me from even coming close.

So I went to Florence today with the goal of a)getting a grilled chicken sandwich and b)seeing if the kissing was going on. Parking lot prevented me from even coming close.

 

 

Did you and guru still kiss?

 

Were they making out in the cars?

 

I'm sure FKY can guarantee beyond a shadow of the doubt that all of the customers were liberal Democrats.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.