Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chick-Fil-A is anti-gay marriage

Featured Replies

So I went to Florence today with the goal of a)getting a grilled chicken sandwich and b)seeing if the kissing was going on. Parking lot prevented me from even coming close.

 

Just left there Clyde. My son and I enjoyed a great lunch. We parked in the Meijer parking lot and walked over. Great food and great service. Didn't see any kissers.

  • Replies 599
  • Views 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Did you and guru still kiss?

 

Were they making out in the cars?

 

I'm sure FKY can guarantee beyond a shadow of the doubt that all of the customers were liberal Democrats.

 

I didn't go by the one in Etown today. Knowing the demographics I'd assume it had a much smaller turnout than Appreciation Day

It'd be nice if the people filling up the stores and drive-thrus of Chick-Fil-A were there in support of First Amendment rights. However, sadly, I fear the motivations come from a much darker place for many of those "supporters."

I went ahead and read the whole thread, and this would be my first post in several months. First observation - the word Democrat or Republican was not used until page 23, kudos to you all. Second observation (and First Talking Point) - there has been little to no discussion about the practices of the politicians in Boston, Chicago, D.C. and now New York City, which has driven me into a mad frenzy over the past few weeks. Do you all universally condemn their pathetic (and illegal) grandstanding? Second Talking Point - you all have briefly touched upon CFA's private contribution of profits to the WinShape organization, and that organization's private lobbying support of outside organizations that gay organizations label as "hate groups." Should corporations, private, or publicly-traded, donate to political lobby groups and do the corporations have first amendment rights? Third Talking Point - Wednesday's turnout really was truly astounding. Will the CFA issue resonate long enough to bring out the Evangelical Right to the polls in November with the type of energy seen back in 1994 (remember Ralph Reed)? Perhaps this takes this from the "controversial issues" forum to the "politics" forum, but I think we've already reached the nadir of the controversy barrell.

I went ahead and read the whole thread, and this would be my first post in several months. First observation - the word Democrat or Republican was not used until page 23, kudos to you all. Second observation (and First Talking Point) - there has been little to no discussion about the practices of the politicians in Boston, Chicago, D.C. and now New York City, which has driven me into a mad frenzy over the past few weeks. Do you all universally condemn their pathetic (and illegal) grandstanding? Second Talking Point - you all have briefly touched upon CFA's private contribution of profits to the WinShape organization, and that organization's private lobbying support of outside organizations that gay organizations label as "hate groups." Should corporations, private, or publicly-traded, donate to political lobby groups and do the corporations have first amendment rights? Third Talking Point - Wednesday's turnout really was truly astounding. Will the CFA issue resonate long enough to bring out the Evangelical Right to the polls in November with the type of energy seen back in 1994 (remember Ralph Reed)? Perhaps this takes this from the "controversial issues" forum to the "politics" forum, but I think we've already reached the nadir of the controversy barrell.

 

 

First thing I thought when I saw it was you posting is "where the hell has he been?" Glad to have you back.

 

1. I was probably the one that brought the "R" word into it. I stand behind that as I am 100% convinced this is more about political sides than religion.

2. The mayors of those cities, as I think I said in this humongous thread, are playing to a base and nothing more. Hardly surprising.

3. As far as 1st amendment rights while it seems cut and dry I struggle a bit with it simply on the grounds of level of influence in the election system. Something doesn't feel right about Citizens United yet I firmly believe a business has the right to put their money behind causes. However, I'm not sure where that issue fits here as I haven't noticed anyone saying businesses can't contribute. It's all about associations and living with those assocations.

4. I am familiar with Ralph Reed as he is from NKY. I guess I would need some sort of numbers to see how they have rolled out in the past. In my mind they are always there supporting the R and will do so again in November. Have you seen stats showing they haven't shown up? Will the fact that some of those RR look at Mormonism in a negative light impact the turnout?

 

Good to have you back on here.

Heresay, I am firmly against the mayors trying to keep Chick-Fil-A out of their towns. Perhaps their citizens don't want it there, but that should result in the business not being successful, not in prohibiting it.

^I agree, TBG.

  • Author
Heresay, I am firmly against the mayors trying to keep Chick-Fil-A out of their towns. Perhaps their citizens don't want it there, but that should result in the business not being successful, not in prohibiting it.

 

This.

It'd be nice if the people filling up the stores and drive-thrus of Chick-Fil-A were there in support of First Amendment rights. However, sadly, I fear the motivations come from a much darker place for many of those "supporters."

 

 

What, that they might be hungry and enjoy Chick-Fil-A:idunno:

^Makes the mayors of Chicago, San Fran, and Boston look pretty stupid.

Thank God Nancy Pelosi weighed in on the topic on Twitter:

 

6a00d8341c730253ef017616da1283970c-800wi

 

In her honor..... KFC Loves Gays

 

She looks like a chicken and is full of chicken crap to boot.

This is the stupidest fake controversy that has come down the pike in a long time . Both sides are acting like IDIOTS !!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.