Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chick-Fil-A is anti-gay marriage

Featured Replies

Why do I see a joke that includes the term 'missionary' somewhere in this question...

 

No joke forthcoming.

  • Replies 599
  • Views 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool. My guess is others will find scripture or interpret scripture differently which, again, is my main point.

 

 

And what are your thoughts on your question?

And what are your thoughts on your question?

 

Which question? I posed a few.

  • Author
What if Betty just watches? Is that a sin?

 

Intriguing questions. My mind is racing now.

 

If watching live is a sin does that make watching porn a sin? What if you see two animals mating? Would that be a sin?

Intriguing questions. My mind is racing now.

 

If watching live is a sin does that make watching porn a sin? What if you see two animals mating? Would that be a sin?

 

Other than your animal question I think you ask a good question when it comes to interpreting the bible. As one who cannot bring up scripture verses like I can old baseball stats I'll have to defer to others.

  • Author
Let me add that my opinion is yes, it would be a sin, because I feel is a form of perversion, and not what God intended sex to be.

 

I was taught that God's intention of sex is for reproduction only so wouldn't having sex for recreation even though you're married be a sin if we are talking 'God's intention?'

How can you guarantee that? How many people were in line? How many registered Republicans are there in Elizabethtown? How many out of town license plates were there in the parking lot?
:lol: :lol:
I can guarantee that beyond a shadow-of-doubt the line at the Elizabethtown Chick-Fil-A was overwhelmingly lifelong Democrats. However, it's also people who have voted GOP in the national elections for a decade at least.

 

Your post shows the err of my thinking. Let me replace "Republican" with "conservative."

I know you're smarter than that.
I'm fairly certain I know the answer but wanted clarification. I've found when it comes to biblical interpretations it's almost always best if I do ask instead of assume. I would say that Betty coming along is at least a "gray area" on what constitutes "inside the marriage"
I'm fairly certain I know the answer but wanted clarification. I've found when it comes to biblical interpretations it's almost always best if I do ask. I would say that Betty coming along is at least a "gray area" on what constitutes "inside the marriage"

 

Is it a sin for Mary to TELL Betty about her sex life with her husband?

Is it a sin for Mary to TELL Betty about her sex life with her husband?
If Betty can't watch Timmy and Sue without it being a sin I'm sure the reasoning is because it is now outside of the marriage. So the logical step is to say Mary need to hush her sinful mouth...

2 things from this thread.

 

1 - I don't think anyone is shocked by Mr Christy's stance but the amount of "outrage" is a bit extreme.

 

2 - I sin A LOT!!!

I was taught that God's intention of sex is for reproduction only so wouldn't having sex for recreation even though you're married be a sin if we are talking 'God's intention?'

 

Hey, c'mon man, I'm trying to populate the world.

Someone pointed out he gave to FCA. BGP gave more to FCA than he did with less resources. He has given significantly more to anti-gay groups so yeah, I think he has bigoted tendencies towards gay people.

 

What are those anti gay groups? Do they do anything other than being anti gay? Have you reviewed their 990 forms?

Honestly asking, are swingers cool or bringing in a 3rd party? Or does the addition of another -- even if both are cool with it -- automatically make it outside the marriage?

 

I'm not sure if I know a passage that states Timmy and Sue can't bring Sue's friend Betty in for a little fun, as long as both Timmy and Sue are ok with it.

 

It would be outside what God intends, which is one man & one woman (Genesis 2). The Bible uses marriage as an illustration of Christ's relationship to the church (the church is called the bride of Christ, for example). The Bible also instructs us to keep the marriage bed pure (somewhere in the book of Hebrews). So the plan is one man, one woman, one lifetime.

 

Of course, humans eventually went their own way, so when Moses comes along & God gives the Law, there is an allowance for divorce in there. If a husband found there to be something indecent about his wife, he could write her a bill of divorce. Something "indecent" meant unfaithfulness, but humans watered that down over time.

 

A handful watered marriage down even more when they took multiple wives. King Solomon was the main man involved in doing this, along with some other Israelite kings. They did this for political purposes & God seemed to overlook it in Solomon's case. But in the New Testament Jesus & the New Testament writers restored the original ideal of one man, one woman, one lifetime.

 

Sorry for the Sunday School lesson, but that's the best way I can answer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.