Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chick-Fil-A is anti-gay marriage

Featured Replies

  • Author
Do you believe everyone that is against same sex marriages hate gay people? Just trying to figure out why you make that assumption about Mr. Cathy.

 

 

 

 

My original post to Spin when he asked if I thought Mr. Cathy was a bigot.

 

 

I'd make that leap. He didn't say more than that he believed in traditional marriage but with his stout beliefs I'd venture to guess that he is fully against all things gay.

 

*This is speculation on my part. I can't prove it. I just believe it.*

 

And then I followed up with this.....

 

I said I am speculating that based on what we know of him and his beliefs that he hates all things gay. I believe if he could get away with not hiring gay employees legally then he would.

 

And then this....

 

I'd say you are correct. I don't think that is enough to clear him as a bigot just like I don't have enough to prove he is. I also think not supporting one's lifestyle isn't enough to make a person a bigot. When I think of the people I know who despise homosexuals I am talking about people who will treat them like scum in person. Not people like you who treat them with respect. I think behind closed doors and away from your business you'd still treat them with respect despite your reservations of their lifestyle. I think Dan Cathy may treat them with respect publicly because in his position he has to. Behind closed doors I feel he'd be as bad as my bigoted friends. And I can't prove it. Pure speculation.

 

I believe the rest of the conversation is on this page.

  • Replies 599
  • Views 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't early you say something about the guy in the video clip, something to the effect of where he "teaches" implying that he didn't teach well. What do you base that belief off? What in the video even remotely suggests that?

 

Quite honestly I base it on the assumption that anyone who is STUPID enough to do something like this and to video and post it for posterity doesn't have the intelligence to be a teacher.

 

FWIW he was fired by Vante who couldn't distance themselves far enough from him.

 

LINK

 

LINK II Now he has nothing to say.

  • Author
I can 100% guarantee that the sole purpose of the FCA is not to pray away the gay.

 

I agree. Maybe he should give them the 1.2 million he gives to the group that does instead of the 1,000 they say he gives to FCA. How much did BGP paying members donate to FCA in Alabama Larry's name? Wasn't it over 1,000?

He said more than just that he believed in traditional marriage. He essentially said that allowing gay marriage (not adultry, child or spouse abuse or any other slight of marriage) would bring God's judgment on us.
And?

And the chick I did the root canal made a $600 donation to me and I'm anti-gay. She essentially paid my boat payment this month. And I'm straighter than you can stretch dental floss.

 

You may say that she paid me for a service, and that's true. However, if she felt that strongly about her views and they impacted her every day decisions, I know one dentist in town who flies on the other side of the ledger.

That's been posted and reviewed a few times in this thread. Love the headline.

 

Add me to the list as I gave quite a bit of money to an anti gay group last year and tens of thousands in my lifetime. My guess is just about everyone on this board has.

I'm anti-gay. Root canals for everyone!!!
And???????????

 

His statement isn't as innocent as "we do not support gay marriage."

TB&G, unless I misunderstand, those statements were separate events. Lord, it's been so long since I read the initial part of this thread, it's began to run together. What part of his second statement do you have a problem with? He believes it to be true. He can support it with scripture and I can't argue that.

I just saw this on Facebook. It is probably photoshopped, but it does bring up a good point.

487785_10151161419473169_1569672471_n.jpg

 

A lot of the people flooding Chick-Fil-A in the last few days were also writing checks, donating items, volunteering time & participating in/organizing relief efforts during Katrina, the Haiti earthquake, & recent tornadoes in our own state.

I heard on the news that the gay community will be visiting CFA in a few days to have dinner and promote their cause, or whatever.... I have never had CFA, so, that will not be a good day for me to try it. I would lose my appetite.

A lot of the people flooding Chick-Fil-A in the last few days were also writing checks, donating items, volunteering time & participating in/organizing relief efforts during Katrina, the Haiti earthquake, & recent tornadoes in our own state.

 

I don't doubt you, but how do you know? How many? I assume that you are referring to a local Chick-Fil-A?

 

Additionally, I think that the point is that the time spent in lines at Chick-Fil-A collectively could have been spent in serving God in better ways.

I don't doubt you, but how do you know? How many? I assume that you are referring to a local Chick-Fil-A?

 

Additionally, I think that the point is that the time spent in lines at Chick-Fil-A collectively could have been spent in serving God in better ways.

Holy cow, really? How? They come out to make a statement that the man should have the right to say what he believes and you think they should have been at the soup kitchen?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.