August 3, 201214 yr I'm continually stunned at how many BGPers as well as people in the video try to make this a Constitutional Freedom of Speech issue. Totally agree. Nobody had infringed on his freedom of speech. With freedom of speech includes the repercussions of said speech.
August 3, 201214 yr Anybody remember the huge-but-brief stink that was made over this? I can't help but feel an odd similarity between the two. Everybody gets ALLLLLLLL up in arms...and then it will eventually go away. I definitely agree. Also just like with that, it was stuff that could be found out with a quick google search before the issue blew up.
August 3, 201214 yr I don't doubt you, but how do you know? How many? I assume that you are referring to a local Chick-Fil-A? Additionally, I think that the point is that the time spent in lines at Chick-Fil-A collectively could have been spent in serving God in better ways. Well, there are several people I know who have eaten at CFA in the last couple of days & helped out in the causes I mentioned. But it's also just me recognizing that a lot of these people are church types & church types played a huge part in those causes, particularly Haiti. I feel like a lot of them (who knows how many) do actively serve God. But they also stand up for things in which they strongly believe.
August 3, 201214 yr TB&G, unless I misunderstand, those statements were separate events. Lord, it's been so long since I read the initial part of this thread, it's began to run together. What part of his second statement do you have a problem with? He believes it to be true. He can support it with scripture and I can't argue that. But separate events doesn't mean he didn't say it.
August 3, 201214 yr But separate events doesn't mean he didn't say it. I understand. I also believe he fully believes it.
August 3, 201214 yr I understand. I also believe he fully believes it. Oh, I am sure he does. (here we go agreeing again)
August 3, 201214 yr Author That's been posted and reviewed a few times in this thread. Love the headline. Add me to the list as I gave quite a bit of money to an anti gay group last year and tens of thousands in my lifetime. My guess is just about everyone on this board has. Someone pointed out he gave to FCA. BGP gave more to FCA than he did with less resources. He has given significantly more to anti-gay groups so yeah, I think he has bigoted tendencies towards gay people.
August 3, 201214 yr Author This has been a great thread. No doubt. Whoever started it is a freaking genius.
August 3, 201214 yr TB&G, unless I misunderstand, those statements were separate events. Lord, it's been so long since I read the initial part of this thread, it's began to run together. What part of his second statement do you have a problem with? He believes it to be true. He can support it with scripture and I can't argue that. I'm not following why it is important that the statements were at separate events. Regardless, here was the second part: "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,' and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is about," Cathy said in that interview, which can be heard here. This would make it seem that the idea of gay marriage is the only issue that would invite God's judgment on our country - not adulty, not child abuse, but the idea that two men or two women who love each other want to marry.
August 3, 201214 yr Author I'm anti-gay. Root canals for everyone!!! Can I just get a whitening and some floss that won't slide off my hands?
August 3, 201214 yr I'm not following why it is important that the statements were at separate events. Regardless, here was the second part: This would make it seem that the idea of gay marriage is the only issue that would invite God's judgment on our country - not adulty, not child abuse, but the idea that two men or two women who love each other want to marry. Well, scripturally, all of the sexual impurities are the same, you're correct. So, I suppose that he is partially wrong, that it will be all of those that fall under sexual immorality will play a part. I still don't see what the point is. It's no secret how he feels. You ask, he'll answer.
August 3, 201214 yr Can I just get a whitening and some floss that won't slide off my hands?No. They don't cost as much as root canals. I need your support.
August 3, 201214 yr Author Well, scripturally, all of the sexual impurities are the same, you're correct. So, I suppose that he is partially wrong, that it will be all of those that fall under sexual immorality will play a part. I still don't see what the point is. It's no secret how he feels. You ask, he'll answer. I admire that the most about the man to be honest.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.