July 17, 201214 yr That inning by Bray has to be the ugliest scoreless inning in the history of baseball.
July 17, 201214 yr Author Carlos Quinten scratched from the lineup tonight. Probably going to the Pirates.
July 17, 201214 yr Pierre would be a HUGE upgrade at lead off. How many times do we have need to go over this? .350 OBP vs .242 OBP Just because he is old and an average player doesn't mean I think he's anything special but he would still be a huge upgrade. You're assuming that Pierre has a .350 OBP the rest of the year ... not sure I would count on that. In any case, he won't be an upgrade on Ludwick in left field, given his shortcomings. If he plays center field, his defense is going to be an issue.
July 17, 201214 yr You're assuming that Pierre has a .350 OBP the rest of the year ... not sure I would count on that. In any case, he won't be an upgrade on Ludwick in left field, given his shortcomings. If he plays center field, his defense is going to be an issue. Heisey = CF. west, come on, you have to come stronger than "not sure I would count on that". So, when the Reds sign him, he doesn't come with an OBP moneyback guarantee?
July 17, 201214 yr Author Heisey = CF. west, come on, you have to come stronger than "not sure I would count on that". So, when the Reds sign him, he doesn't come with an OBP moneyback guarantee? Then where do you play Pierre?
July 17, 201214 yr You're assuming that Pierre has a .350 OBP the rest of the year ... not sure I would count on that. In any case, he won't be an upgrade on Ludwick in left field, given his shortcomings. If he plays center field, his defense is going to be an issue. His career low OBP is .326, even that is a huge upgrade especially when you factor in his speed...His OBP on April 22nd was .354, almost 3 months later his OBP is still. 354...It's safe to say his OBP isn't going to fall of that much, he isn't showing any signs of slowing up...Pierre is still one of the best base stealing threats in the NL, he has 21 this year and has only been caught 4 times...He doesn't strike out at all...I'd have to agree that his arm is a noodle, but he can still cover the ground in CF...One would have to think him getting on base in front of Votto would equal more Runs than his defense in CF would cost the Reds Runs...
July 17, 201214 yr Author Reds are done. There's always next year. Geez, I feel like a Cubs fan. :lol:
July 17, 201214 yr Then where do you play Pierre? He could split time in LF and CF frankly dependent on his money back OBP guarantee.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.