Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Diamondbacks @ Reds Series 7/16 thri 7/19/2012

Featured Replies

You know, the more I think about it, you guys might be right. I could see the Cubs trading Campana for Stubbs. Stubbs is young enough that they might make that deal. He is only a couple years older than Campana and Campana is probably getting the Stubbs treatment in Chicago because of his poor OBP and high number of K's. I'm not sure I like that deal but the Cubs might do it.

 

Also, Lahair is 30 years old. I thought he was a lot younger than that. So I could see the Cubs trading him as well.

You make it seem like Lahair is a big time prospect making his way to the bigs. He will be 30 next year with less than 600 MLB at bats. He doesn't have that much value.

  • Replies 344
  • Views 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

 

As far as Chapman going 3 games in a row we'll see how he does this week. Him pitching back to back or 3 times in a row hasn't hurt him during those appearances as LRCW loves to throw out there. It does seem to slow him down the week or so after. Here's hoping to a few blowouts where his services aren't needed.

 

Just so we can be sure when can we expect the 3 in a row to slow Chapman down? His next outing? 2 outings from now? 6? 7? I just don't want you to claim it was the last 3 days that hurt him 3 weeks down the road if he happens to blow a couple saves in a row.

You make it seem like Lahair is a big time prospect making his way to the bigs. He will be 30 next year with less than 600 MLB at bats. He doesn't have that much value.

 

Sorry, I corrected that post while you were replying. True, when I made my earlier posts I thought Lahair was an up and coming prospect, not an almost 30 year old.

  • Author

According to Dusty Baker in Mark Sheldon's blog the Reds are 30-2 when Stubbs scores a run.

Bob Hertzel ‏@bhertzel

 

Reds' Joey Votto undergoes minor knee surgery Tuesday

 

 

I have no idea who this guy is or if this is legit.If that is the case he shouldn't have been playing in the AS game.

  • Author
Bob Hertzel ‏@bhertzel

 

Reds' Joey Votto undergoes minor knee surgery Tuesday

 

I have no idea who this guy is or if this is legit.If that is the case he shouldn't have been playing in the AS game.

 

Isn't he a CBS guy?

Isn't he a CBS guy?

 

This is what the twitter bio says...

 

Veteran sports columnist giving you the inside on WVU sports as no one else.

Campana isn't going to be traded to the Reds so we can end that discussion. The Cubs are in rebuilding mode. They will surely trade the 34 year old average starter (Dejesus) before they will trade a youngster who is almost as fast as Billy Hamilton. And please don't bring up LaHair. He isn't going anywhere.

 

As to Pierre, sure, he is an upgrade. You may not even have to trade Stubbs or Heisey to get him.

Campana is terrible. As a Cubs' fan, I would probably take Stubbs for him. Maybe a change of scenery helps.

 

LaHair isn't untouchable ... he isn't young and is now blocked at his best position by one of the Cubs' top prospects.

 

Unless you think Pierre can man centerfield, he won't be much of an upgrade for the Reds.

Pierre would be a HUGE upgrade at lead off. How many times do we have need to go over this?

 

 

.350 OBP vs .242 OBP

 

 

Just because he is old and an average player doesn't mean I think he's anything special but he would still be a huge upgrade.

Bob Hertzel ‏@bhertzel

 

Reds' Joey Votto undergoes minor knee surgery Tuesday

 

 

I have no idea who this guy is or if this is legit.If that is the case he shouldn't have been playing in the AS game.

 

 

John Fay ‏@johnfayman

 

I've seen the reports on Votto and minor knee surgery. #Reds have not confirmed that. Baker did not mention when asked about Votto.

  • Author

PANIC!!!!!'

  • Author

Have a feeling it's going to get UGLY for Arroyo tonight.

  • Author
Have a feeling it's going to get UGLY for Arroyo tonight.

 

Arroyo's ERA has gone from 3.73 to 4.06 already.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.