Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Diamondbacks @ Reds Series 7/16 thri 7/19/2012

Featured Replies

How bout Walt works a trade for Tony Campana and Brian LaHair. I realize Campana's OBP is only .308, but he is younger, and would probably be a lot cheaper than Pierre. He has 25 SB in limited playing time. LaHair would give the Reds the LH bat they need off the bench, plus he could spell Votto if he needs a day off.

 

Pierre is making 800K this year.

  • Replies 344
  • Views 25.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

 

Pierre is making 800K this year.

 

I meant what they would have to give up.

I hope that if they make a move that it's sooner than later hoping to get someone on the cheap.

How bout Walt works a trade for Tony Campana and Brian LaHair. I realize Campana's OBP is only .308, but he is younger, and would probably be a lot cheaper than Pierre. He has 25 SB in limited playing time. LaHair would give the Reds the LH bat they need off the bench, plus he could spell Votto if he needs a day off.

 

Campana is no better an option than Cozart and/or Stubbs at the top of the order.

 

I would not do that deal unless it cost the Reds cash and a couple marginal prospects at most.

I'm going to go ahead and predict that the Reds will acquire either DeJesus or Pierre by the deadline. I'd love to see them add an arm, but I just don't see it happening...

 

Also, glad to see you guys get them back on the winning track while I was on vacation. You guys chip in, and I'll stay out of town all Reds season. :D

You don't take your computer to keep up with this stuff on vacation? That's freakin' weaksauce.
  • Author

 

Campana is no better an option than Cozart and/or Stubbs at the top of the order.

 

I would not do that deal unless it cost the Reds cash and a couple marginal prospects at most.

 

So .278 isn't better than .245 or .212?

I don't like the idea of adding Campana. I'd much rather have Denard Span or Ben Revere, if Minnesota is willing to deal. I could live with Pierre, but I'm not sure he's an upgrade if it takes Ludwick out of the lineup.

 

Ludwick: Last 30 days: OBP .357, 4 HR, 7 RBI (18/63 = .285 batting average).

I don't like the idea of adding Campana. I'd much rather have Denard Span or Ben Revere, if Minnesota is willing to deal. I could live with Pierre, but I'm not sure he's an upgrade if it takes Ludwick out of the lineup.

 

Ludwick: Last 30 days: OBP .357, 4 HR, 7 RBI (18/63 = .285 batting average).

 

He doesn't bat in front of Votto and that's where the improvement needs to be at the top of the order. Stubbs needs to go to the minors or sit on the bench.

  • Author
I don't like the idea of adding Campana. I'd much rather have Denard Span or Ben Revere, if Minnesota is willing to deal. I could live with Pierre, but I'm not sure he's an upgrade if it takes Ludwick out of the lineup.

 

Ludwick: Last 30 days: OBP .357, 4 HR, 7 RBI (18/63 = .285 batting average).

 

I'd rather have Revere or Spahn too, just trying to look at options that wouldn't cost as many prospects. It would be to replace Stubbs , not Ludwick.

I don't like Campana.

Am I reading correctly that if the Reds or anyone make a trade for a Cole Hamels or Carlos Quinton and he doesn't re-sing with that team they don't get compensation in the form of draft picks back after he signs somewhere else? That should greatly reduce the asking price for big guys and it should make those clubs want to keep their own guys.

Jamie Ramsey ‏@Jamieblog

 

Votto out of the lineup today. Will be posted soon on BOR.

Stubbs 8, Cozart 6, Frazier 3, Phillips 4, Bruce 9, Rolen 5, Heisey 7, Hanigan 2, Arroyo 1

 

 

This should be good... :lol: Have at it guys.

  • Author
Jamie Ramsey ‏@Jamieblog

 

Votto out of the lineup today. Will be posted soon on BOR.

 

Joey didn't look good at all running last night. I think he may need a DL stint.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.