July 16, 201214 yr Author Yet we have arm chair GMs who believe he is an asset to the club:lol: Stupid arm chair GM's who think Rolen is an asset to the club. :lol:
July 16, 201214 yr Stupid arm chair GM's who think Rolen is an asset to the club. :lol: I don't think there were that many people who said he wasn't an asset to the team. Imo he is in more ways than one but at this stage of his career his skills are truly diminished and he can't seem to catch up to the fastball with his shoulder like it is. I think he is better served to play a couple of games a week based on my observations of his ability to hit the ball and help the team offensively. I also think that if Frazier is going to show any consistency that he needs to play more regular and I think a lot of people share that opinion.
July 16, 201214 yr Great weekend. Dusty did a wonderful job after filling out the lineup card. Homer came through big time late in the game and Chapman was awesome. As far as the Rolen backers that are now everywhere. The guy still is hitting below .200. Frazier has a 2nd best on the team .916 OPS in 183 AB's. Rolen is .574 in 137 AB's which is worse than even Stubbs. Not playing Frazier hurts the team. Rolen could fill a good role for the team. Starting most of the games at 3rd while Frazier sits in the dugout isn't the the role. As far as Chapman going 3 games in a row we'll see how he does this week. Him pitching back to back or 3 times in a row hasn't hurt him during those appearances as LRCW loves to throw out there. It does seem to slow him down the week or so after. Here's hoping to a few blowouts where his services aren't needed.
July 16, 201214 yr I was really happy to see Heisey play well last night. Think he will see a little more time in Center?
July 16, 201214 yr I'm going to go ahead and predict that the Reds will acquire either DeJesus or Pierre by the deadline. I'd love to see them add an arm, but I just don't see it happening... Also, glad to see you guys get them back on the winning track while I was on vacation. You guys chip in, and I'll stay out of town all Reds season.
July 16, 201214 yr I'm going to go ahead and predict that the Reds will acquire either DeJesus or Pierre by the deadline. I'd love to see them add an arm, but I just don't see it happening... Also, glad to see you guys get them back on the winning track while I was on vacation. You guys chip in, and I'll stay out of town all Reds season. I was wondering where you were. I don't really think they need another arm.
July 16, 201214 yr Author I don't think there were that many people who said he wasn't an asset to the team. . That's why I used the quote feature.
July 16, 201214 yr I'm going to go ahead and predict that the Reds will acquire either DeJesus or Pierre by the deadline. I'd love to see them add an arm, but I just don't see it happening... Also, glad to see you guys get them back on the winning track while I was on vacation. You guys chip in, and I'll stay out of town all Reds season. What kind of arm?
July 16, 201214 yr Attendance up 10 percent | Cincinnati Reds A question that you have to ask as the trade deadline approaches is “Can the club take on more payroll?” My guess is the Reds can, thanks in no small part to you, The Average Reds Fan. After last night’s sellout — the eighth of the year for the Reds — the yearly attendance total is at 1,224,549 or 29,156 per game after 42 dates. That’s up almost exactly 10 percent from last year after same number of dates. The Reds were at 1,099,608 or 26,181 per game after 42 dates last year. The Reds are on a pace to outdraw last year by 148,138. The Reds average ticket costs a little over $20. So the bump in attendance would in increase revenue by $3 million or so. When you factor in concessions, it’s well north of that. If you build it they will come.
July 16, 201214 yr I'd just like the arms they have to stay healthy. Right, which has me wondering where another arm would help. A leadoff hitter/centerfielder is it. We saw the damage Votto can do with runners on base ahead of him.
July 16, 201214 yr If Homer keeps pitching like this he is going to get paid in arbitration this off season. Might be time to think about locking him into a longer term deal.
July 16, 201214 yr Clearly a left handed leadoff hitter would be very nice to add to the club. Loved seeing the Reds sweep the Cards. Homer Bailey came up huge pitching out of the jam in the 8th. Dusty would have been killed if he had gave up those runs, I was certainly nervous when he left him out there after the back to back baserunners and nobody out.
July 16, 201214 yr Author How bout Walt works a trade for Tony Campana and Brian LaHair. I realize Campana's OBP is only .308, but he is younger, and would probably be a lot cheaper than Pierre. He has 25 SB in limited playing time. LaHair would give the Reds the LH bat they need off the bench, plus he could spell Votto if he needs a day off.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.