Dixie 8 Highlands 4

at Dixie.

Details anyone? I know JR Quentin Murray pitched for the Birds and the Birds' offense was slow to get started. I think they scored 3 in the 6th and 1 in the 7th to cut the deficit, but could not claw all the way back.

Birds are off until FRI when they play Conner at Highland Park at 5:00 PM. If it doesn't rain, this will be the Birds 36th game of the season. Congrats to the Coaches for juggling the schedule to get to the maximum # of games. Experience is huge for a young team and getting to play this # of games is invaluable.

When was the last time the Birds (or any KY team) actually played 36 games in a single season? I'm sure it has been done recently and that many teams will do it this year, but it is such a fine calculus of weather, scheduling games, cancelling games and keeping momentum going into the playoffs. (Hmmm, maybe another thread?)

at Dixie.

Details anyone? I know JR Quentin Murray pitched for the Birds and the Birds' offense was slow to get started. I think they scored 3 in the 6th and 1 in the 7th to cut the deficit, but could not claw all the way back.

Birds are off until FRI when they play Conner at Highland Park at 5:00 PM. If it doesn't rain, this will be the Birds 36th game of the season. Congrats to the Coaches for juggling the schedule to get to the maximum # of games. Experience is huge for a young team and getting to play this # of games is invaluable.

When was the last time the Birds (or any KY team) actually played 36 games in a single season? I'm sure it has been done recently and that many teams will do it this year, but it is such a fine calculus of weather, scheduling games, cancelling games and keeping momentum going into the playoffs. (Hmmm, maybe another thread?)

So, HHS cancels the return game at Cooper Thursday due to number of games and keeps the home game versus Conner on Friday. I guess I can't blame them as I would rather have a home game versus traveling. Cooper was able to pick up Lloyd on Friday and if Dixie doesn't cancel on Saturday, Cooper will end up with 35 games. Three teams have cancelled in the last week so we are lucky to get to 35. It is a tough juggling act.

So, HHS cancels the return game at Cooper Thursday due to number of games and keeps the home game versus Conner on Friday. I guess I can't blame them as I would rather have a home game versus traveling. Cooper was able to pick up Lloyd on Friday and if Dixie doesn't cancel on Saturday, Cooper will end up with 35 games. Three teams have cancelled in the last week so we are lucky to get to 35. It is a tough juggling act.

Not only did they cancel it, they saved millions in gasoline to get all the way out there.

Doesn't seem right. When was this game cancelled? Shame it didn't work out.

Probably had nothing to do with mileage, as the Conner game is probably Senior night.

Nope, Senior night already happened.

So lets get this straight. If HHS and those other two dont cancel and Cooper plays their regular set schedule then Cooper winds up canceling Highlands and Dixie? Tough juggling act ehhhhhh.