Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did a teacher from Highlands get fired for inappropriate communication with a student

Featured Replies

I agree and totally understand the different feeling about your daughter than your son. I have both a son and a daughter and it's natural to feel more protective toward your daughter. An instinct is probably a better phrasing. However, the pat on the back and the "that's my boy" attitude that 85BearsFan mentioned is a horrible message to send your son. Birdsfan hit the nail on the head in his post about it.
Thanks Rizzy. :cool:
  • Replies 246
  • Views 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree and totally understand the different feeling about your daughter than your son. I have both a son and a daughter and it's natural to feel more protective toward your daughter. An instinct is probably a better phrasing. However, the pat on the back and the "that's my boy" attitude that 85BearsFan mentioned is a horrible message to send your son. Birdsfan hit the nail on the head in his post about it.

 

I can't say I would or wouldn't have a "that's my boy" attitude. I just thought 85's brutally honest posts were very funny and gave me a good laugh. I did agree with some of his sentiments and depending on the situation I would respond with the emotions the situation brings me. What those emotions would be isn't something I can answer with 100% certainty.

So, how would you react to your son if he were in a similar predicament as what happened at Highlands?

 

Son would be grounded from anything and everything he loves for a very long time----including basketball. Community service would be his new job.

 

Teacher---I would claw her eyes out.

I can't say I would or wouldn't have a "that's my boy" attitude. I just thought 85's brutally honest posts were very funny and gave me a good laugh. I did agree with some of his sentiments and depending on the situation I would respond with the emotions the situation brings me. What those emotions would be isn't something I can answer with 100% certainty.
I know it's tough to know what you'd do unless you were in the situation, and I believe you would want to make the right decision regarding both your son and your daughter. But I think you can agree that sending the wrong message to your son could be a potential path to bad relationships for him down the road and I know you wouldn't want that for him.
I know it's tough to know what you'd do unless you were in the situation, and I believe you would want to make the right decision regarding both your son and your daughter. But I think you can agree that sending the wrong message to your son could be a potential path to bad relationships for him down the road and I know you wouldn't want that for him.

 

It's not like I wouldn't warn the boy about the dangers of teenage sex. By the time the boy reaches high school, the birds and bees talk will have been done. I'd make sure he was OK after the event, of course. But as far as punishing him, for what? What did he do wrong? She violated her contract and the law. Not my boy. But being suave and dashing enough to have an older woman want him, now that is my boy. I'm sorry guys. I'm glad I brought many a laugh; didn't mean to offend the others. I guess it comes with the territory of such a site.

I know it's tough to know what you'd do unless you were in the situation, and I believe you would want to make the right decision regarding both your son and your daughter. But I think you can agree that sending the wrong message to your son could be a potential path to bad relationships for him down the road and I know you wouldn't want that for him.

 

 

I guess my stance is that I know my sons well enough to know what message to send them based on the actions that took place. I'm just being honest. I wouldn't wish a bad relationship on people that aren't my sons. I also understand that no matter what I tell my sons and what I teach my sons they are ultimately going to learn how to have a good relationship through their own personal experiences. I can only control so much. Same with my daughter for that matter. Regardless of what the situation is I'll supply the emotional support necessary for them to continue to succeed in life.

Holy Cow. Where was I when this riotous thing was going on? :lol:

 

If the determination has not already been made, I nominate this for first-ballot Classic induction.

Totally agree. Is it possible that there is any correlation between the rather cavalier attitude toward sex that I've read in posts from 92 and 85 and the fact that 72% of black children are fatherless and frankly are having all kinds of problems? 72 Percent of African-American Children Born to Unwed Mothers

 

From what I know about 92 and concluded from his posts, he is a loving and caring father. Major kudos to him. But I still wonder if there is any correlation.

 

I knew I was setting myself up for an attack that would include those horrible stats. All I can say is maybe so. It's mental natural selection and adaptation. The black man was a loving and caring man, whom practiced polygamy in his homeland of Africa, but cared for his wives and families. Once he was broguht to America, he was given a new set of rules: continue to impregnate many women, but you really have no authority over your family anymore. Had to ask to marry and or be ordered to impregnate someone. Please remember, that slavery was only 145-150 years ago. My great grandparents were born slaves. Why do I mention slavery, not to sound like one of "the Revs", but because people don't recognize this fact: Blacks were never debriefed after slavery. It was like you got whipped on a Tuesday for not working hard, then on Wednesday you were free and put off the plantation in many cases. I had to go there since you did. But yes, single mothers are a horrible affliction in the black community. It's been going on for far too long. I tried to help the issue.

I'm just not mad if my high school son has sex. If he drinks or does drugs, then we have a problem. But sex. I can think of a million things that I could be mad at him for onc ehe reaches high school age. I say this while the image of the scene in "He Got Game" plays in my head where "Big Willie Style" is lecturing Jesus Shuttlesworth (played by Ray Allen) about the ways the 'hood will take the young black man out. He mentioned "(a five letter word for kittens)" and asked Jesus "How do you spell that? HIV" But my son has a great dad, whom is educated and makes decent coin, although nothing to write home about. My dad was the same way, and he is whom I get my mentality from. He taught me when I am dealing with old-timers, be a helluava listener. He set me up for success in life. I'll do the same for my son.

It's not like I wouldn't warn the boy about the dangers of teenage sex. By the time the boy reaches high school, the birds and bees talk will have been done. I'd make sure he was OK after the event, of course. But as far as punishing him, for what? What did he do wrong? She violated her contract and the law. Not my boy. But being suave and dashing enough to have an older woman want him, now that is my boy. I'm sorry guys. I'm glad I brought many a laugh; didn't mean to offend the others. I guess it comes with the territory of such a site.

 

Regarding the bolded above: The "victim" in this case is niether "suave" nor "dashing." When my wife saw his pic on Facebook, she said, "She (referring to the teacher) gave up her career and marriage for that?"

 

Also, FYI, my son told me the "victim" has been bragging about nailing this teacher since October. My son just assumed he was joking around. We shall see when the evidence comes out...

Holy Cow. Where was I when this riotous thing was going on? :lol:

 

If the determination has not already been made, I nominate this for first-ballot Classic induction.

 

:lol:

 

It's been in discussion on twitter for over 24 hours now. :lol:

 

And we all agree with your first-ballot Classic induction.

So, how would you react to your son if he were in a similar predicament as what happened at Highlands?

 

Don't know.

In theory all double standards would be held to the same standard...but, in reality they aren't. When it comes to the matters of adults in authority taking advantage of my child, that's too important to apply a double standard. As a parent, you protect your child. If that child was culpable, they deserve much anger as well. But the comments in this thread indicate anger toward the teacher, and an "atta boy" for the son...with the caveat that if it were a daughter there'd be hell to pay.

 

You are correct but that doesn't provide a response to my post.

Regarding the bolded above: The "victim" in this case is niether "suave" nor "dashing." When my wife saw his pic on Facebook, she said, "She (referring to the teacher) gave up her career and marriage for that?"

 

Also, FYI, my son told me the "victim" has been bragging about nailing this teacher since October. My son just assumed he was joking around. We shall see when the evidence comes out...

 

Interesting. Makes me wonder if only those of us not bothered by this particular situation are the only ones who ever fantasized about the hot teacher or hot teacher's aide. I am guilty of those fantasies as a teenager which plays a part in my thoughts on this particular situation. This info helps with developing an opinion on this situation.

It's not like I wouldn't warn the boy about the dangers of teenage sex. By the time the boy reaches high school, the birds and bees talk will have been done. I'd make sure he was OK after the event, of course. But as far as punishing him, for what? What did he do wrong? She violated her contract and the law. Not my boy. But being suave and dashing enough to have an older woman want him, now that is my boy. I'm sorry guys. I'm glad I brought many a laugh; didn't mean to offend the others. I guess it comes with the territory of such a site.

 

He screwed a married woman. From where I come from, you don't mess with someone who is married. You also talked about you having a problem if your son did drugs but you don't see a problem with him having sex with multiple partners. Would you see it as a problem if he got 5 women pregnant or would this just be a product of bad judgement and no big deal?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.