Predictions for the JV Tournament this weekend at Dixie?

I would say the Breds, however two of our starters will not be there this weekend. One is playing in an AAU basketball tourney and the other is playing in a Select soccer tourney. I'm sorry but this is not good for team unity, but they will have to overcome it and move on. This team is 12-0-1 and has a good chance of winning it and then this. :irked:

I would say the Breds, however two of our starters will not be there this weekend. One is playing in an AAU basketball tourney and the other is playing in a Select soccer tourney. I'm sorry but this is not good for team unity, but they will have to overcome it and move on. This team is 12-0-1 and has a good chance of winning it and then this. :irked:

That would be very frustrating indeed. How does the coach handle that? Any consequence for missing? Assume the other players are not too thrilled about this. Agree it has to affect the team chemistry, and not in a good way obviously.

It should be very competitive. Your right alot of good JV teams. But Who wins not sure depends on who and how many varsity players these teams dress down for this !

This one comment frustrates me most about JV & freshman tournaments. People think it is more important to win the tournaments so they dress down their Varsity players for JV and their JV players to freshman. It should be your normal JV team playing in these tournaments. Rant over!

It should be very competitive. Your right alot of good JV teams. But Who wins not sure depends on who and how many varsity players these teams dress down for this !

Bingo! And you know teams will do this. :ohbrother: My thought is if you start varsity you should not be allowed to play in a JV tournament. JMO However I do understand this could be difficult for some of the smaller schools that do not have many players.

I agree 100 % if you start varsity you should not be playing at the JV level PERIOD. I can see one or two times during the season due to injury or missing JV players thats fine. The freshman & JV level are for the kids to get experience . Its not about winning a JV or Freshman tournament. If my daughter was a JV player and the coach decided to bring a varsity player down to play my daughters position I would be ****ed ! JMO

from what I know girls who play varsity may not start at the same positions. Sometimes you must dress varsity girls for the JV tournament. for example what if one of your JV pitchers plays the field on your varsity team, but don't pitch varsity games.

from what I know girls who play varsity may not start at the same positions. Sometimes you must dress varsity girls for the JV tournament. for example what if one of your JV pitchers plays the field on your varsity team, but don't pitch varsity games.

I am okay with that but it should still be your normal JV team. Varstiy players should not be brought down just for the tournament IMO.

This one comment frustrates me most about JV & freshman tournaments. People think it is more important to win the tournaments so they dress down their Varsity players for JV and their JV players to freshman. It should be your normal JV team playing in these tournaments. Rant over!

Amen! At least our team will be the real JV team! I think they will be very competitive if they don't fall apart in the final innings....seems to be a reoccurring problem. I told our pitcher to work on that:) LOL

If she plays the field for varsity but is the JV pitcher I have no problem with her playing on the JV team IF she does not go and play her varsity position during the game.

I remember last year there was a school who played 5 of their varsity players on the JV team and they played in the SAME POSITION. What is that team trying to prove? And the team who played had a very good varsity program. It drives me nuts when any school/team does this.

I know this is frustrating, and my comments might not be popular on this but if they are playing JV at a school like New Cath there better option would probably be to go their AAU event or select soccer. Its very hard for kids to have to choose and pick sports now a days, almost all sports overlap and its not totally fair to any of the kids.

I know no one wants to have varsity players to play in the JV tourney but would anyone mind if Holy Cross competed in the tourney with Varsity players seeing we don't have a JV team, don't worry I am sure we would not win it!! I am kidding of course just a frustrating year.