Predictions for the JV Tournament this weekend at Dixie?

We play no one who starts varsity. Ultimately those who do hurt themselves in the long run because their younger kids don't get the experience.

HOLY SMOKES! You agree with and I agree with one of your comments! Write it down! HA

RE: Varsity players playing JV.

Let's say you have a frosh/soph leadoff hitter who plays outfield for varsity but when the senior pitcher moves on will move into the pitcher's circle? Do you not let her pitch for JV?

That would be very frustrating indeed. How does the coach handle that? Any consequence for missing? Assume the other players are not too thrilled about this. Agree it has to affect the team chemistry, and not in a good way obviously.

Didn't play at all in the JV game tonight at SK and will probably have a "rude awakening" next week.

I totally agree, no varsity players should be on the field, period!

NewCath has 1 Jr. (who NEVER plays varsity) 2 So. (1 starts varsity), 6 Fr. (4 start varsity) and 6 8th graders (3 of which have no business of being on the field period, great kids but ZERO fastpitch experience). Hell, we had to get special permission to bring up a 7th grader to pitch JV. So are Fr. and So. have to play JV, it's a numbers thing. Hopefully in a few years as the program builds this will not be the case.

RE: Varsity players playing JV.

Let's say you have a frosh/soph leadoff hitter who plays outfield for varsity but when the senior pitcher moves on will move into the pitcher's circle? Do you not let her pitch for JV?

Yes as long as she is not playing the same position as she does in a varsity game. So if she is the JV pitcher then fine but in my opinion she has no business playing outfield in the JV game.

It's a wide open tourney. I like how they say it will be seeded based on how everyone does on Friday yet no one has seen that "seeding formula."

seeding will be based on the following

Record

Runs allowed

Run differential

finally coin flip