Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most prized UK memorabilia?

Featured Replies

Mine would have to be a UK basketball I have signed by Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Delk, Harrellson, Patterson, Cal, Liggins, Padgett & Hood (could have lowered the value of the ball :D )

 

I hope to add the signatures of this years draft Cats somewhere, somehow.

 

I also have the Anthony Davis wingspan poster that I hope to get signed. Either way, it will be going in a frame.

I've got one of the team's old starter jackets from the 1996 season. Also have one of the team sweatshirts (I believe it was Nazr's). Friend of mine was a manager @ UK during that time & he was able to get me a couple of those things. Mostly my "memorabilia" from those days are memories. Was able to spend some time in the Lodge & interact with some of the players on numerous occasions. Pretty cool experience for the high school kid that I was at the time.

It's odd but it is UK memorabilia.

 

In 1978 my parents and Godparents followed UK to Dayton for the Mideast Regional. (As they always did most every spring) My Godfather made a bet with a Michigan State fan that if UK won he would get the MSU guy's button, if MSU won - the man would get his UK hat.

 

Well the Cats won and my Godfather collected his button.

 

About 4 years ago Lawrence (My Godfather) was killed in an accident. His wife gave me the button and said, "I thought you ought to have this."

 

The button?

 

It's a basketball with an inscription across it that reads: MSU is Magic

 

Wouldn't part with it for the world and by telling the story it lets my Father and Godfather come to life again. :thumb:

 

UK Basketball is that deep for some.

My 2 favorites that I have would be a ball signed by the 1978 team and coaching staff and the Anthony Davis Wingspan poster.

I also have ticket stubs from the first games at UK of Rick Pitino, Tubby Smith, BCG, and Coach Cal. I have been fortunate enough to attend all of those.

Shortly after little GT was born my aunt and uncle bought her a UK t shirt. That thing has been a great rag ever since... :D

I've got one of the team's old starter jackets from the 1996 season. Also have one of the team sweatshirts (I believe it was Nazr's). Friend of mine was a manager @ UK during that time & he was able to get me a couple of those things. Mostly my "memorabilia" from those days are memories. Was able to spend some time in the Lodge & interact with some of the players on numerous occasions. Pretty cool experience for the high school kid that I was at the time.

 

The numerous Jared Prickett stories are priceless.

I honestly don't have anything that I "prize", but a guy that I used to cut grass for in the summers had himself a private "UK Basketball Museum" that included an Olympic gold medal awarded to one of the members of the 1948 NCAA Championship team (that entire team went on to compete as the US Olympic Basketball Team). He also owns game-played basketballs that were signed by head coaches: John Mauer, Adolph Rupp, Joe B. Hall, Eddie Sutton, Rick Pitino, Tubby Smith, Billy Gillispie, John Calipari. Pretty freaking impressive, if you ask me.

Shortly after little GT was born my aunt and uncle bought her a UK t shirt. That thing has been a great rag ever since... :D

 

That's so wrong.

 

LRCW's favorite is the wrappers from the first 12 pack of Taco's he shared with Mel Turpin.

Shortly after little GT was born my aunt and uncle bought her a UK t shirt. That thing has been a great rag ever since... :D

 

:lol:

 

The numerous Jared Prickett stories are priceless.

 

They are indeed. :lol:

That's so wrong.

 

LRCW's favorite is the wrappers from the first 12 pack of Taco's he shared with Mel Turpin.

 

 

If you're going to tell the story, then get it right. They were Big Mac's.

I have a basketball autographed by Tony Delk, Rex Chapman, Richie Farmer, etc. Also have one signed by John Calipari. Never was able to get anymore autographs on them though. Wouldn't mind getting this years team on the ball.

I have a UK fathead of Rupp Arena with all the banners showing that is pretty cool. I don't go crazy over the memorabilia.

I have a UK fathead of Rupp Arena with all the banners showing that is pretty cool. I don't go crazy over the memorabilia.

 

I am not a memorabilia guy either. Wish I were. Even my Final Four tickets from this year were in bad condition following the game. We considered framing those with a picture of us at the event. I have one of the limited edition Coach Cal Maker's Mark bottles? He looks like Gordon Gekko on it. Never really considered it prized.

I am not a memorabilia guy either. Wish I were. Even my Final Four tickets from this year were in bad condition following the game. We considered framing those with a picture of us at the event. I have one of the limited edition Coach Cal Maker's Mark bottles? He looks like Gordon Gekko on it. Never really considered it prized.
I have a signed one of those that my neighbor gave me for watching his dog. I have to admit it's a solid "watch my dog" gift.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.