Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky's starting 5 for 2012-2013.

Featured Replies

No chance Poy comes off the bench. From what I've seen of him, I'm reminded a lot of MonsterMash.

 

Harrow

Goodwin

Poythress

Wiltjer (Oriakhi or Bennett if they come)

Noel

  • Replies 112
  • Views 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No chance Poy comes off the bench. From what I've seen of him, I'm reminded a lot of MonsterMash.

 

Harrow

Goodwin

Poythress

Wiltjer (Oriakhi or Bennett if they come)

Noel

In MJ's example he had Lamb coming back.
In MJ's example he had Lamb coming back.

 

I think in that scenario he simply shifts down to the 4 and Wiltjer comes off the bench.

No chance Poy comes off the bench. From what I've seen of him, I'm reminded a lot of MonsterMash.

 

Harrow

Goodwin

Poythress

Wiltjer (Oriakhi or Bennett if they come)

Noel

 

 

This is pretty much how I see it playing out except for maybe Oriakhi starting over Kwiltj if he comes to Kentucky. Cal is all about defense and having the two Tilton guys down low manning the block is a good start. If Wiltjer improves his quickness, strength, and defense though I wouldn't be surprised for the spot to be his. Offensively he is a big minute player, its the defense that must come around for him to ever see starter minutes. So depending on that is how the 4 spot shakes out IMO.

 

 

Would also love to pick up a committment from Amile Jefferson (I think I've made this clear by now) to help build some depth. Could probably play 2-5 in Cal's system if need be although his bread and butter would be at the 3/4.

From what I've seen of him, I'm reminded a lot of MonsterMash.

 

:thumb:

I have a feeling (hope) Lamb is coming back

 

I REALLY like that team...

 

I would love to see Lamb back, as it would give the Cats much needed depth at the guard spot. I'm still thinking all of them leave, but of the two that I could realistically see returning, I would love to have Lamb for his junior year.

Shouldn't we wait until the roster is set?

 

Exactly Cal will sign one or two more and one of these guys will be coming back; Lamb,Teague or MKG.

Teague needs to come back the most. MKG is gone folks.

I think if any comes back it is Teague, No love for Hood so far as playing time ?

Teague has the most to gain by coming back. He is projected late 1st/early 2nd round. If he keeps improving and shows more shooting ability, he could move into the top half of round one.

I think if any comes back it is Teague, No love for Hood so far as playing time ?

 

Were talking starting lineups. Unless all of our recruits end up ineligible I could not invision Hood starting. Depending on how he comes back off the knee injury he should be ready to get minutes, but not being able to practice for most of last year is really going to hurt his development. Would love to see him 100% healthy this season and contribute to the team but as we all know, if your not going to be a factor in the game, your not going to play, plain and simple. Cal will play Harrow and Goodwin for 40 minutes if he has to unless Beckham, Hood, etc. prove they belong on the floor and deserve the other guys minutes. I think if Hood would have had two full seasons of practice time he would be ready to come in and play good minutes in year 3, but as it stands he is at about 1 1/2 years.

I REALLY like that team...

 

Me too! I would feel very confident in our chances of repeating if that were to happen. Keeping my fingers crossed for Lamb.

I think if any comes back it is Teague, No love for Hood so far as playing time ?

 

He's never proven he can perform well enough to get any significant playing time. I don't think he's magically, coming off ACL surgery, going to turn into a valuable player on a top 10 team.

I think if any comes back it is Teague, No love for Hood so far as playing time ?

 

No. He should have transferred a long time ago. But he did get himself a ring!

I really am starting to believe that Lamb and Bennett will round out the roster. If that's the case my lineup would be:

 

Harrow

Lamb

Goodwin

Poythris

Noel

 

Bench:

Bennett

Witjer

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.