Boone County 16 Highlands 2

jpa2825

Rough night for the Birds at Highland Park. Pitching, defense and hitting all struggled. Liggett started and was followed by Lester, Cochran and Allen (unless I missed 1 in there). This young team can't afford to give any team, much less a talented Boone Co. squad, extra baserunners and outs.

Practice today and then a tough test with NewCath at Morscher on WED. It is early and they are young. Try to get better every day.

Boone Co. hit the ball hard top to bottom of the order, including a HR by Teegarden who also pitched. He didn't seem to have his best stuff, but he was still very effective.

Boone had two hitters that really hurt HHS in Stanley and Teegarden.

The game hasn't changed. When you're not the most talented team you can't give extra outs, not be aware of the runner at first as he takes off for 2nd, miss a sac bunt, not see that the bunt was missed and run into an out, throw fat 0-2 pitches, groove a low inside fastball to one of the top hitters in the 9th.

Boone Co

Hitters AB R H RBI BB SO

#3 CHASE STANLEY 4 2 2 2 1 0

#10 AJ QUATKEMEYER 3 2 2 1 0 1

#11 DOUG TEEGARDEN 2 2 1 4 0 0

#13 TREY MARTIN 2 0 0 1 0 1

#33 NOLAN KLIEN 2 1 1 1 1 0

#25 KYLE CHURCH 3 1 0 0 0 1

#18 KAMERON SCHWARTZ 3 3 2 1 1 0

#15 TREY GANNS 2 2 1 2 1 0

#12 ALEX MCGARR 2 1 0 1 0 0

#2 JON KELLEY RAMERIEZ 1 1 1 1 1 0

#1 TYLER EGLIAN 1 0 0 0 0 1

#7 Bryson Thompson 2 0 1 1 0 1

#16 NICK INGRAM 0 0 0 0 0 0

#20 ROBERT HILES 1 1 0 0 1 0

#30 TYLER SCHUL,TZ 2 0 0 0 0 0

#17 ZACH HEBER 1 0 0 0 0 0

Totals 31 16 11 15 6 5

2B- #33 NOLAN KLIEN (1)

3B- #3 CHASE STANLEY (1)

HR- #11 DOUG TEEGARDEN (1)

HBP- #11 DOUG TEEGARDEN (2)

Sac- #11 DOUG TEEGARDEN (1), #13 TREY MARTIN (1)

SB- #10 AJ QUATKEMEYER (1), #11 DOUG TEEGARDEN (1), #18 KAMERON SCHWARTZ (1)

Did Trey Martin play for Ryle's freshman last year? Did they move? (Not trying to stir the pot, I honestly don't know, assuming it's even the same kid.) Will he hit cleanup regularly for Boone?

I heard that he moved into the Boone district. That's pretty funny," Not trying to stir the pot". Seriously?

Did Trey Martin play for Ryle's freshman last year? Did they move? (Not trying to stir the pot, I honestly don't know, assuming it's even the same kid.) Will he hit cleanup regularly for Boone?

I don't know if he played freshman ball at Ryle but I do know he moved into Boones district. I have spoken with him a few times and he is a very nice young man that works extremely hard. Don't know about the cleanup spot.