Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville vs. Kentucky predictions

Who wins? 79 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 235
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts on this one....

 

-Louisville always worries me. Doesn't matter how good or how bad a team either has. Rivalries just always seem to throw that stuff out the window.

 

-With that said, as someone on Twitter stated, you take this exact UofL team and put them in Temple jerseys, any UK fans still worried?

 

-Louisville has had a remarkable run, but I really can't envision a scenario that they win. UofL would have to play their best game of the season and hope Davis, MKG, etc. get in foul trouble, Teague commits a bunch of stupid TOs, and they shoot just as poorly as they did in the first meeting. I just don't see it all happening in one perfect storm.

 

-If Kentucky just plays their normal game, they win and do so rather comfortably IMO.

 

-Lastly, to one Chris Smith: Gorgui is a very good player. To say he's as good as Anthony Davis is laughable. There's a difference between having confidence in your teammates and stupidity. You sir obviously suffer from the later. Also, be careful what you wish for big guy, you're about to get it. :D

 

Prediction: Kentucky 73-61

My thoughts on this one....

 

-Louisville always worries me. Doesn't matter how good or how bad a team either has. Rivalries just always seem to throw that stuff out the window.

 

-With that said, as someone on Twitter stated, you take this exact UofL team and put them in Temple jerseys, any UK fans still worried?

 

-Louisville has had a remarkable run, but I really can't envision a scenario that they win. UofL would have to play their best game of the season and hope Davis, MKG, etc. get in foul trouble, Teague commits a bunch of stupid TOs, and they shoot just as poorly as they did in the first meeting. I just don't see it all happening in one perfect storm.

 

-If Kentucky just plays their normal game, they win and do so rather comfortably IMO.

 

-Lastly, to one Chris Smith: Gorgui is a very good player. To say he's as good as Anthony Davis is laughable. There's a difference between having confidence in your teammates and stupidity. You sir obviously suffer from the later. Also, be careful what you wish for big guy, you're about to get it. :D

 

Prediction: Kentucky 73-61

I'm worried about the consequences of a UK loss TO Louisville...
5. Keep the score under 50.

 

In the first game, both teams shot around 30% from the field and the score was in the 60s. Can't imagine either team shooting that poorly again.

They'd still top 60...

What if Ditka was playing?

The Kentucky perimeter defense is awesome. They are going to make you beat them by scoring twos. White did it for Iowa St, Zeller and others for IU and Acy/Jones for Baylor... UK won all those games going away. I think Behanan will cause some problems in the paint but who is going to score on the perimeter? Russ Smith will get some but other than that? Neither Siva or Kuric have ever had a good game against Kentucky. I just don't think UL can score enough to beat the Cats. They are going to make it a hack fest to try and stay in it but won't have enough to win.

Wouldn't that be because they underachieved for a stretch?

Yeah I guess. Even still, the final four is a huge accomplishment for a team that was the 7th or 8th place team in their conference. I think more people are surprised than aren't.

Yeah I guess. Even still, the final four is a huge accomplishment for a team that was the 7th or 8th place team in their conference. I think more people are surprised than aren't.
I agree with you on the surprise factor. I'm just saying that I don't feel based on preseason (and midseason to a point) expectations that this was a really big overachievement, if at all.
I agree with you on the surprise factor. I'm just saying that I don't feel based on preseason (and midseason to a point) expectations that this was a really big overachievement, if at all.

 

I'm kind of with you. If you had told me preseason UL would be in the Final Four, I honestly would have been a little surprised. If you had told me in January that they'd be in the Final Four, I'd laugh you out of the room.

 

Regardless, I have to tip my hat to Rick Pitino. I had placed him in the "washed up" category a while back. He's really done a good job with this team.

I'm kind of with you. If you had told me preseason UL would be in the Final Four, I honestly would have been a little surprised. If you had told me in January that they'd be in the Final Four, I'd laugh you out of the room.
What about late December?

One thing to note: UK hasn't lost to a team wearing orange this year.

One thing to note: UK hasn't lost to a team wearing orange this year.

 

That is a good one!

One thing to note: UK hasn't lost to a team wearing orange this year.

 

I don't blame you for not understanding the difference; it's difficult to pick out. Infrared jerseys exist beyond the spectrum of visible light. Sometimes, when Peyton Siva runs fast enough, you can't see anything at all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.