Sean Payton suspended for year!!

Seems pretty stupid to me. I lose more respect for the NFL every day. Give me the NBA all day. The NFL is a complete and total contradiction at this point and this suspension proves it. I am literally beginning to hate the NFL.

Because they stomped on a coach and team that totally disregarded what the league told them to stop doing and then lied to the league when investigated?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they stomped on a coach and team that totally disregarded what the league told them to stop doing and then lied to the league when investigated?

My beef lies with bounties all together. Defensive players get paid millions, I repeat.....millions...... to hit offensive players as hard as they can but it's a problem when they set out to hit an offensive player hard enough to have him carted off the field and earn a few extra thousand? Whatever. Just let them play flag football from now on.

My beef lies with bounties all together. Defensive players get paid millions, I repeat.....millions...... to hit offensive players as hard as they can but it's a problem when they set out to hit an offensive player hard enough to have him carted off the field and earn a few extra thousand? Whatever. Just let them play flag football from now on.

The bottom line is they can do it but don't brag about it, let others know about it, have any proof that you are doing it. That's what the old time players did. Just keep it out of the public's eyes and Goodell won't come down on your behinds!!

The bottom line is they can do it but don't brag about it, let others know about it, have any proof that you are doing it. That's what the old time players did. Just keep it out of the public's eyes and Goodell won't come down on your behinds!!

This is true also. The whole problem with bounties is my main beef. Bugs me to no end.

I actually agree with you. The bounties didn't make them hit anyone any harder or any different. Now if they could prove there were dirty hits/late hits that were just obvious then it's a different story.

Mort said there are players still under review. Could be more to come.

Saints asst coach Joe Vitt gets 6 games and $100,000

Mickey Loomis 8 games and $500,000

Saints fined $500,000

Payton's suspension will cost him $7 million.

Vitt was slated to be the head coach in Payton's absence. Not sure who they assign that designation to now.

I will be "that guy" since no one else has yet...

I wonder how this will affect my fantasy QB, Drew Brees.

Oh crud that's right. He's going to be my #2 draft pick next year (or Aaron Rodgers if the guy ahead of me takes Brees for some reason). Hopefully they'll be fine since the OC is unaffected (and may in fact become the interim HC) and they did just fine with him running the show when Payton had his leg injury last year.

Seems pretty stupid to me. I lose more respect for the NFL every day. Give me the NBA all day. The NFL is a complete and total contradiction at this point and this suspension proves it. I am literally beginning to hate the NFL.

Well at least you're in the short line. :lol:

I do agree with you here...

The Pats got a slap on the wrist for cheating. Saints get the death penalty for this? I would be more ok with what the league did to the Saints if they were all dirty hits. Doesn't seem to be the case...

Apples and Oranges imo. Pats case did not involve trying to end careers and take millions from players and their families. Pats also didn't lie to the commish. Can't compare the two. The league cannot accept "cartoffs" on a menu of non contract bonuses. Just can't have it. Love this decision today and I respect the heck out of Mr. Goddell for his guts to lay it down.