Kentucky 74 Florida 71

Bluto

I think these games are great for UK. Obviously they would have liked to close the game out earlier but they have not folded or collapsed when faced with runs from other teams and they have responded wheb being down early. These will hopefully only help the cats get tougher down this home stretch.

Billy Donovan was apparently quite unhappy with the officiating that led to them getting two free throws to 20 attempts for UK: ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

6 of those free throws were late, but 14-2 on free throw attempts in the first 39:30 of the game is a wide margin. I thought it was more a function of the shots Florida was taking, emphasizing on the perimeter rather than in the paint where fouls are more apt to come. Apparently he was particularly upset at what he thought were fouls on rebounds, but that wouldn't have had any effect except in a cumulative manner of getting into the bonus. What does everyone else think?

The reigning SEC Tournament MVP has looked good the first two games. Combined totals of bothe games: 0 pts, 3 rebs, 4 assts.

What in the world is wrong with him right now??? He's played great down the last stretch of the season and then folds when we need him in the post season. I hope he doesn't disappear anymore. We don't need another UConn FF game from him again.

Edited by The Professor

Billy Donovan was apparently quite unhappy with the officiating that led to them getting two free throws to 20 attempts for UK: ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

6 of those free throws were late, but 14-2 on free throw attempts in the first 39:30 of the game is a wide margin. I thought it was more a function of the shots Florida was taking, emphasizing on the perimeter rather than in the pain where fouls are more apt to come. Apparently he was particularly upset at what he thought were fouls on free throws, but that wouldn't have had any effect except in a cumulative manner of getting into the bonus. What does everyone else think?

I didn't think the officiating was good either, but I disagree on which way it was slanted. The officials called the game correctly for about an 8 minute stretch late in the middle of the 2nd half. Other than that, neither team could hit the other hard enough to draw a whistle. It was particularly bad underneath. Florida clogged the lane and hacked away with no calls.

As for the FT disparity, look at the shots each team took. Florida was jacking up threes (or completely blowing by UK on the inside). I'd love to see where Billy D thought the missed calls were against UK.