RedBird 74 Lynn Camp 63

Big win for the RedBird Cards, figured I would post this since it is more than a win over a smaller school. Lynn Camp trailed the whole game just about it...Justin Brock led the cards with a double double, 22 points and 10 rebounds. Derek Davis, the number two three point shooter in state and second scorer in region had 5 threes, 21 points and 9 rebounds, C.R Berry had 20 points, Mark Fogleman had 11. Only those Card's scored in this varsity game.

For the camp, Cody Bray had 17 and sat out a while after a nasty run in with Derek Davis for a loose ball, Chris.E had 15 Dixion had 8 and Joe S had 8.

A nice win for RedBird at home.

Embarrassing loss for LC after beating Red Bird easy in earlier in the year. I don't know what is wrong with this team, but they have too much talent to lose games like this. To sound like a broken record but until the players understand basketball is a team game they will never reach their potential.

Wheels are coming off the Campers....? How can Red Bird hold 6'9 Cody Dixon to only 8 points? Is he injured? Sick? Big game coming up for the Wildcats against Williamsburg. This one shocks me. :irked:

We all know Dixon is not 6'9 where does that come from? Didn't make it to this game but was told Dixon only had 7 shots the entire game so eight points is not bad, but only getting 7 shot attempts is. Guards must have fired away again. Good win for Red Bird.

I can't believe this. Dustin Day for Pineville had 25 points Tuesday against the smaller Red Bird Cardinals, so there is no reason why Dixon should have just 8 points.

I'm sure Day was put on the block and got the ball when he was open, the way the cats play sometimes the shot is in the air before the big men for LC cross the center court. How would Day look in this type offense? Great win for the Red Bird team.

I saw in the paper where he was listed as 6'8 by Coach Pennington. He was 6'6 last season as a Redhound, I thought he may have grew. At any rate with only 7 shots agame............. he is again not being used correctly...... A kid like Cody should get that many offensive rebounds a game. I mean he has the size and strength to manhandle most his age at the high school level. Sad that the Lynn Camp Wildcats would not play as a team. With great players like Dixon, Eggan, Bray and Siler they could accomplish good things. I guess the selfishness that I witnessed while watching them play as Redhounds has again resurfaced and thus the results are following. I hope the Campers will start to listen to Coach Pennington and Wade and turn things around...........Of Course Red Bird is a hard place to play............Did the KING call the game?

I saw in the paper where he was listed as 6'8 by Coach Pennington. He was 6'6 last season as a Redhound, I thought he may have grew. At any rate with only 7 shots agame............. he is again not being used correctly...... A kid like Cody should get that many offensive rebounds a game. I mean he has the size and strength to manhandle most his age at the high school level. Sad that the Lynn Camp Wildcats would not play as a team. With great players like Dixon, Eggan, Bray and Siler they could accomplish good things. I guess the selfishness that I witnessed while watching them play as Redhounds has again resurfaced and thus the results are following. I hope the Campers will start to listen to Coach Pennington and Wade and turn things around...........Of Course Red Bird is a hard place to play............Did the KING call the game?

I dont think anyone every called any of these players great, for what ever reason they all ended up at LC and I also hope they will start to listen to their coaches, I thought they had four coaches you must have left out Coach Mills and Dixon or maybe you meant to. Of the four players mentioned I dont think I ever heard Dixon called selfish you may be wrong there. Dont know who the KING is. After watching the Model game on Friday at Lc this game is not a huge surprise.

Sorry I know Coach Pennington is the Head man and Coach Mitchell seems to be the number two guy from the games I have watched... he coaches the JV games.......Wildcats listen to your Coaches.....and not your daddies'.... :p

You must not watch many games. Seems like Mitchell has a son on the team that also plays alot of minutes for a freshman, from the games I have watched Coach Dixon only tries to help the team as a whole not just out for his son, if this was the case Cody would sure get more than 7 or 8 shots a game.

I know he got more shots per game last season as a Redhound...Cody would have really gave the Corbin team a chance to beat South this season. His size (6'6 to 6'8 depending on who measures) would be a great asset to a Corbin team that struggled (very lucky) to beat Cumberland on the road last night. I guess Coach Pennington is in a hard spot with Coach Mitchell and his son and Coach Dixon and his son on the team.....I would agree Coach Dixon is well schooled on his approach to the game. I will interested to see if both are on the sidelines next season. It might be that Coach Pennington is stuck with Mills only next year. Good Luck Cats. Beat Pineville and get to the region for the first time in like 30 years.

I know he got more shots per game last season as a Redhound...Cody would have really gave the Corbin team a chance to beat South this season. His size (6'6 to 6'8 depending on who measures) would be a great asset to a Corbin team that struggled (very lucky) to beat Cumberland on the road last night. I guess Coach Pennington is in a hard spot with Coach Mitchell and his son and Coach Dixon and his son on the team.....I would agree Coach Dixon is well schooled on his approach to the game. I will interested to see if both are on the sidelines next season. It might be that Coach Pennington is stuck with Mills only next year. Good Luck Cats. Beat Pineville and get to the region for the first time in like 30 years.

Why would you say he is in a hard spot, both Cody and the Mitchell boy are both good players and my point is that Wade Mitchell and Coach Dixon have both IMO been a big help to LC, why would they go anywhere? Why would you care anyway? Maybe you could get into coaching and help out LC, you seem to have all the answers.

I do not think anyone can help Lynn Camp, they seem to have the best people in place as it is now. They have a young coach who work tirelessly and mixed with a legendary former Head Coach and a man who loves the school. Regular season is a tool to get ready for the post season when it matters the most. Keep up the good work and learn from your mistakes just like everyone else..Lord knows it will take a miracle to unseat South Laurel.