Williamsburg, Corbin or Whitley County

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williamsburg I believe can win between 5 to 7 games. Not real sure about the Tenn teams, Oneida is not as good asa they used to be, and Cloudland is usually a pretty good team, should be a good game.

Whitley could win also win 5 to 7 games. Their non-district is the toughest in recent memory, and than add a tough district with GRC North and South and Madison Central.

Corbin has a shot at 5 games, their non-district schedule is brutal, and with what the hounds have coming back, record wise, it may be one of the worse for the hounds in 10 years. I think in 95 they went 4 and 7.

When Bellevue played Whitley County (back in 99 or 00) they were tough. We were huge underdogs but won 14-7....I haven't really followed the Whitley program since then...has it gone downhill ??

Not really.

The records haven't been as good. But the competition has been better.

Since you played in 99 (they finished 8-2 that year and tied for the District Championship, lost in a tiebreaker), in 00 They finished 2nd to Rock in the District, and they won their 4A district in 2001, lost in the 4A playoffs in 02, and failed to make the 4A playoffs in 03 and 04.

The real difference is that they now play 4A rather than 3A. Put them in their old District the past 3 years, and in 02 they would have won it, in 03 and 04 a 2nd or 3rd place finish.

The Colonels are young this year, but should be good based on reports.

Not knowing much about Wbg except for what they lost, I don't know that they'll go .500. Whitley should be strong and Corbin isn't going to lay down with what they have. I think both will hit or surpass the .500 mark.

Whitley County Is going to be really tough this season , they could possibly win 7 or 8 games.

Lynn Camp the same 7 or 8 games and maybe a district championship or no worse than a first round home playoff game.

Corbin on the other hand NO comment.:sssh:

Corbin plays a muderous schedule. I really have to compliment Coach Jewell on not avoiding good teams in a year that his club is rebuilding.

I think 4 wins, still wins their district. I'm having trouble finding more than 1 non district win though. I'm not saying the Redhounds will be bad, they just play such a tough non district schedule, that they are going to take their lumps.

Not really.

The records haven't been as good. But the competition has been better.

Since you played in 99 (they finished 8-2 that year and tied for the District Championship, lost in a tiebreaker), in 00 They finished 2nd to Rock in the District, and they won their 4A district in 2001, lost in the 4A playoffs in 02, and failed to make the 4A playoffs in 03 and 04.

The real difference is that they now play 4A rather than 3A. Put them in their old District the past 3 years, and in 02 they would have won it, in 03 and 04 a 2nd or 3rd place finish.

The Colonels are young this year, but should be good based on reports.

I know they were slated to win the district when we played them in the season opener. I think we surprised them and a lot of other people that year, but they were a good team...thanks for the update on the seasons since. :thumb:

I know they were slated to win the district when we played them in the season opener. I think we surprised them and a lot of other people that year, but they were a good team...thanks for the update on the seasons since. :thumb:
When you say "WE" what team are you referring to??

Corbin's opens the season with Pulaski SW who is ranked in the #9-11 range in 3A, then they play Pikeville who is ranked #5 in 1A, then a solid 4A school in South Laurel coming off a 7-4 season and 2nd place district finish and then the Hounds play the #7 ranked 1A team in LCA. They could possibly win 3 of these games but could also lose all 4. They will more than likely win 1 or 2 of these first four. Then they head to Log Mtn. to face the #8 ranked 3A team in Bell Co., then they face an always strong 3A team in Pulaski Co before #9 ranked M-boro comes to town with revenge on their minds. Corbin could win 2 of these games or could lose all 3. Next comes the district games with an improving Wayne Co., Casey Co. and finally Garrard Co. who is expected to be a very strong, physical team that could easily be as good as last year's team. Corbin needs to win all 3 and should at the worst win 2 of the 3. I would say that Corbin will finsih around the .500 mark with 5 wins.

Williamsburg should get wins over Jellico, McCreary Co. and Cloudland. They could also get victories over Pineville, Evarts, Cumberland, Harlan and Oneida. I would guess 6 wins for the Yellow Jackets.

Whitley Co. should probably beat Montgomery Co. and Lincoln Co. with possible victories over M'boro, Shelby Co., Lynn Camp, South Laurel, North Laurel, Breathitt Co. and GRC. If they win the ones they should and finsih 4-3 on the toss-ups, the Colonels should end up with approx. 6 wins.

Whitley County Is going to be really tough this season , they could possibly win 7 or 8 games.

Lynn Camp the same 7 or 8 games and maybe a district championship or no worse than a first round home playoff game.

Corbin on the other hand NO comment.:sssh:

he was talking about Bellevue in 1999, who went on to have a 9-1 regular season and made it to semi state.