Mt. Sterling Court Days - 2019

CincySportsFan

Over the past 20 or so years, the wife and I have gone many times to Court Days. We usually only go for one day, but have always enjoyed ourselves and most of the time end up picking up a few things. We didn't make it last year (why, neither one of us can remember), so decided to go yesterday.

All I can say is...what the heck happened?!?!? There were several areas that used to have booth space that were either empty or used for parking. And even within the rows of vendors, there were often many gaps of open space. Some of the mainstays that we'd see each and every year...gone. I'd estimate that there was at least a 25-30% decrease in vendors. And the crowd must have known about it, because it was 50% of what we are used to seeing. (Which makes me wonder if whatever happened, occurred last year, too.)

So, for anyone in the know in Mt. Sterling/Montgomery County...what did happen? New council? New mayor? New ordinances? Greedy landowners? Because, honestly, after yesterday, I don't know that we'll ever go back.