Global Sports Academy Organization

Has anyone heard anything about Global Sports Academy Organization? My grandson (Jacob King who will be a Junior at Campbellsville University) got an invitation to play on a Goodwill Select Basketball Team of college players that will play semi-pro teams in England and Belgium. This sounds like a great experience but I have concerns about the motives of the organization and the quality of the coaches and the opposition teams. He will have to pay for his travel and hotel, so it is not like a typical select college basketball touring experience.

Any thoughts or knowledge is appreciated.

Has anyone heard anything about Global Sports Academy Organization? My grandson (Jacob King who will be a Junior at Campbellsville University) got an invitation to play on a Goodwill Select Basketball Team of college players that will play semi-pro teams in England and Belgium. This sounds like a great experience but I have concerns about the motives of the organization and the quality of the coaches and the opposition teams. He will have to pay for his travel and hotel, so it is not like a typical select college basketball touring experience.

Any thoughts or knowledge is appreciated.

I’ve never heard of something on the college level like this that makes you cover your own expenses. Probably some type of money making scheme. Sounds a lot like those invites that go out to high school players about going to another country to play a tour and it “will only cost you five thousand dollars”

ISounds a lot like those invites that go out to high school players about going to another country to play a tour and it “will only cost you five thousand dollars”

I know there’s a huge difference between a college junior and a HS freshman and hindsight is 20/20, but I don’t regret anything more than not pushing mom to send me to Australia for a week or however long it was.

I agree with your overall message though.

Just to close the loop, Jacob has decided to not go on the Global Sports tour in England and Belgium. The timeframe for the tour is too close to the start of the Fall semester of school. He feels this 9 days of time is better spent with his daily basketball workouts and preparation for the coming school year and basketball season.

Thanks for all your input/comments. Comment from SnottieDrippen gave Jacob great pause to make sure he gave this careful thought. If the tour had been in stronger basketball countries in Europe (e.g. Spain, France or Germany) he probably would have gone. He felt that the England/Belgium tour would not give him much exposure to the European basketball circuit.