Power 5 Teams Future Schedules

Jumper_Dad

Looks like some of the blue-bloods in college football are in the process of adding at least 1 strong out of conference home and home series to their future schedules.

Texas, for instance, has home and home games scheduled over the next decade with; LSU, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Georgia, Florida, and Arizona State.

Alabama has home and home games scheduled with; Texas, West Virginia, Notre Dame and Oklahoma and neutral site games against Duke and USC.

Georgia has signed to play home and home with; Clemson (4 games), Texas, Florida State and Oklahoma as well as another game with Clemson at a neutral site.

Ohio State has upcoming series with Notre Dame, Oregon, Washington, Texas and Boston College.

There are plenty of other great matchups coming over the next 10 to 12 years, but I just pulled a few that stuck out. Feel free to add any other schools schedules for discussion.

In the end, these matchups are what we want to see and good for football. I'm glad to see the top teams for the most part going out to play other top programs in true road games.

Ohio State has been doing this for a while. Just saying. TCU was supposed to be a home and home but TCU bailed on the return trip to Columbus so they moved the game last year to Jerry World. Before TCU it was home and home versus Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Cal, Miami (FL), USC, Washington, Texas, NC State, and UCLA. That’s just since the turn of the century. The entire topic should really just be rephrased to Alabama is now scheduling home and home series because most of the other blue blood programs have been playing home and homes for a while.

Ohio State has been doing this for a while. Just saying. TCU was supposed to be a home and home but TCU bailed on the return trip to Columbus so they moved the game last year to Jerry World. Before TCU it was home and home versus Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Cal, Miami (FL), USC, Washington, Texas, NC State, and UCLA. That’s just since the turn of the century. The entire topic should really just be rephrased to Alabama is now scheduling home and home series because most of the other blue blood programs have been playing home and homes for a while.

Alabama has been scheduling a strong team to open the season at neutral sites for years. While not a true road game it's also not a home game. Since 2000 Alabama has played UCLA home and home, Oklahoma home and home, Florida St (Jacksonville/Atlanta), Clemson (Atlanta), Va. Tech x2(Atlanta), Penn St home and home, Michigan (Dallas), WVU (Atlanta), Wisconsin (Dallas), USC (Dallas) and Louisville. Even you'd have to admit that's a pretty solid group of teams.

Alabama has been scheduling a strong team to open the season at neutral sites for years. While not a true road game it's also not a home game. Since 2000 Alabama has played UCLA home and home, Oklahoma home and home, Florida St (Jacksonville/Atlanta), Clemson (Atlanta), Va. Tech x2(Atlanta), Penn St home and home, Michigan (Dallas), WVU (Atlanta), Wisconsin (Dallas), USC (Dallas) and Louisville. Even you'd have to admit that's a pretty solid group of teams.

It’s an incredibly solid group of teams. Go play them at their place though. Or do what LSU did and play Wisconsin at Lambeau. Travel out of your comfort zone. Alabama never leaves the southeast unless they have a bowl game on the west coast.

Ease up...you never have a typo?

I didn’t take it as a typo. The AAC marketed power 6 all of last season and there has been talk of the AAC needing inclusion into the “power 5” so I figured that’s what you were just playing into.

It’s an incredibly solid group of teams. Go play them at their place though. Or do what LSU did and play Wisconsin at Lambeau. Travel out of your comfort zone. Alabama never leaves the southeast unless they have a bowl game on the west coast.

You'd complain if they played the NFC North...:lol2:

To your point, that's what they are doing going forward playing home and home series. Alabama has had enough clout to play in these big early season games on neutral fields, so they haven't HAD to play home and homes.

You'd complain if they played the NFC North...:lol2:

To your point, that's what they are doing going forward playing home and home series. Alabama has had enough clout to play in these big early season games on neutral fields, so they haven't HAD to play home and homes.

The NFC North is incredibly overrated. :lol2: That’s such a tired argument though. “Alabama hasn’t had to play in home and home series” None of these blue blood schools have to play home and home series. If Ohio State wasn’t playing home and home series and instead all neutral site games in Big 10 country, nothing would have changed. I just HATE neutral site football games. It’s a travesty. College football is supposed to be played on campus. When Georgia went to Notre Dame 2 years ago that was cool. I want to see Alabama under the lights in the Big House. I want to see Notre Dame in Bryant Denny. I want to see these big times matchups played on campus. I’m glad Alabama has FINALLY scheduled some of these home and home games because it’s great for college football. The neutral sites are too corporate and don’t allow the true passion and nature of college football to shine through. Alabama has been the biggest draw in college football for a decade. I can’t deny that, I just wish we could have seen them step out of their comfort zone out of conference during this run.

The NFC North is incredibly overrated. :lol2: That’s such a tired argument though. “Alabama hasn’t had to play in home and home series” None of these blue blood schools have to play home and home series. If Ohio State wasn’t playing home and home series and instead all neutral site games in Big 10 country, nothing would have changed. I just HATE neutral site football games. It’s a travesty. College football is supposed to be played on campus. When Georgia went to Notre Dame 2 years ago that was cool. I want to see Alabama under the lights in the Big House. I want to see Notre Dame in Bryant Denny. I want to see these big times matchups played on campus. I’m glad Alabama has FINALLY scheduled some of these home and home games because it’s great for college football. The neutral sites are too corporate and don’t allow the true passion and nature of college football to shine through. Alabama has been the biggest draw in college football for a decade. I can’t deny that, I just wish we could have seen them step out of their comfort zone out of conference during this run.

Well you're going to get to see the Notre Dame at Bryant/Denny and Bama playing in front of Touchdown Jesus.

During this run since Saban got there, it probably wouldn't have mattered where they played.

Well you're going to get to see the Notre Dame at Bryant/Denny and Bama playing in front of Touchdown Jesus.

During this run since Saban got there, it probably wouldn't have mattered where they played.

Like I said Bama playing home and home instead of neutral site games wouldn’t have changed a single thing. They would still have the same number of titles. I just really, really hate neutral site games. I think they are horrible for college football. Bama as the biggest program in the sport playing in a neutral site game to start the season every year is a travesty. I hate it. It’s bad for the sport.

Like I said Bama playing home and home instead of neutral site games wouldn’t have changed a single thing. They would still have the same number of titles. I just really, really hate neutral site games. I think they are horrible for college football. Bama as the biggest program in the sport playing in a neutral site game to start the season every year is a travesty. I hate it. It’s bad for the sport.

That's your opinion. I like the big, start of the season made for TV "Bowl Games." I think who ever is playing, it's great to see two great teams meet without a home field advantage and just see who is better. I like home and home series as well, but one neutral site game isn't that bad...especially when it gives you a different matchup each year.

Agree completely on neutral site games. That's coming from a person that goes to as many of my team's games as possible. Play the games on campus. You'll never duplicate that atmosphere in a neutral location.

Same goes for college basketball.

Agree completely on neutral site games. That's coming from a person that goes to as many of my team's games as possible. Play the games on campus. You'll never duplicate that atmosphere in a neutral location.

Same goes for college basketball.

Yep. As a UL guy, how much cooler would it have been if Bama rolled into Louisville last year instead of Orlando? Imagine the hype for that game if Lamar would have still been there. You cant replicate that in Orlando hundreds of miles from both campuses.

Yep. As a UL guy, how much cooler would it have been if Bama rolled into Louisville last year instead of Orlando? Imagine the hype for that game if Lamar would have still been there. You cant replicate that in Orlando hundreds of miles from both campuses.

Even though UL is going to be bad again, having Notre Dame here on Labor Day weekend should be a blast.