Antonio Brown Traded to Raiders

Antonio Brown has been traded to the Oakland Raiders for only a 3rd and 5th Round pick. A very bad deal for the Steelers they did not get a 1st round pick like they were wanting plus the Raiders are not paying any of Brown’s money. Brown will be the biggest cap hit for any receiver on a roster this coming year and he won’t even be on that roster. The Raiders get a first round pick from Dallas for giving up Cooper and only give up a 3rd and 5th pick to get Brown plus not paying any of Brown’s contract money the Steelers owe him.

Actually according to ESPN the Steelers will have 21.1 million of dead money against this years cap.

I read that is the biggest one season dead money hit a team has ever taken.

What is the negative for Pittsburgh to holding onto Brown and waiting for a better deal? Heck, I would hold onto him till the season opened. Wait for a big WR to get injured and look for a better deal.

I read that is the biggest one season dead money hit a team has ever taken.

What is the negative for Pittsburgh to holding onto Brown and waiting for a better deal? Heck, I would hold onto him till the season opened. Wait for a big WR to get injured and look for a better deal.

Fear of having another Leveon Bell situation.