Long Term Outlook (February)

Kentucky Windage

I work in an industry where we must pay attention to the weather. We are getting sources (who I have reason to trust) that are telling us that February is shaping up to be the coldest February that we've had in the last 30 years.

@nWo, what have you been hearing? Is there any credibility to this?

I've seen below normal temperatures and a stormy period from the end of January that will last into February. I'm not sure about the coldest in 30 years though.

I work in an industry where we must pay attention to the weather. We are getting sources (who I have reason to trust) that are telling us that February is shaping up to be the coldest February that we've had in the last 30 years.

@nWo, what have you been hearing? Is there any credibility to this?

Here is what the CFS or Climate Forecast System model is showing for the end of January and first weekend of February temperature wise. All I can say is if it holds true WOW! Those temps are double digits below zero. I hope these temperatures moderate before then.

The first one is from Wednesday night January 30th to Friday night February 1.

13121.gif

The second one is from Saturday morning to Monday evening.

2225.gif

This is from the Climate Prediction Center show temps below normal end of January through the start of February.

WK34temp.gif

Well, looks like we're going to have to gear up for some bone chilling temperatures. I normally don't trust any forecasts until about a week out. However, considering this as well as what my sources are saying I'd say we're in for it. Gear up those firewood supplies and fill the propane tanks just in case people.

Well, looks like we're going to have to gear up for some bone chilling temperatures. I normally don't trust any forecasts until about a week out. However, considering this as well as what my sources are saying I'd say we're in for it. Gear up those firewood supplies and fill the propane tanks just in case people.

I agree. I post forecast from a week out just to let people know what mind happen nothing official. I told my wife we need to get ready just in case it does happen that way.