Louisville 31 Indiana State 7

Getslow

I honestly thought this game would never end.

Three weather delays totaling 2 1/2 hours. Kicked off at 7 pm, ended just after 12:30 am.

I’d love to have lots more to say but I’m tired. Malik Cunningham entered the game at QB after halftime and saved Louisville’s bacon.

Seeing 355-pound Mechi Becton jump over the scrum to score a touchdown is a season highlight.

I hope Dorian Etheridge isn’t seriously injured. After Greenard last week, I don’t think Louisville has anywhere near enough depth to deal with another top defensive player being out.

Win and move on. Lots more work to do before ACC play starts.

Louisville isn't very good.

Oh they’ve got some holes, for sure.

But they’ve played Bama and played in a very equalizing monsoon. Reminded me of the 2012 game at Southern Miss.

If they struggle like this in clear weather against a pretty mediocre WKU squad, I’ll know something’s up.

And not being very good is relative. I think we both thought UofL was headed for a barely .500 record this season anyway. The ACC has hardly covered itself in glory during the opening two weeks; a bowl isn’t looking like that much of an stretch in a league that looks less than impressive.

And not being very good is relative. I think we both thought UofL was headed for a barely .500 record this season anyway. The ACC has hardly covered itself in glory during the opening two weeks; a bowl isn’t looking like that much of an stretch in a league that looks less than impressive.

This is true. 7-5 was kinda my "best case scenario" prediction, so we'll see how it plays out.

I am interested to see if we have a developing QB "controversy" next week. Malik looked pretty good in his time last night. Granted, Jawon played through the ridiculousness of the first three quarters, but he didn't look as good yesterday as he did against Bama, IMO.

On the positive end, the expansion to Cardinal Stadium looked amazing. Can't wait till we get some good weather and a big game, that place will be rocking.

I agree. Should be loud and rowdy when FSU comes to town at the end of the month.

Last nights marathon game actually worked in my favor - went out to dinner and came home and essentially didn’t miss all that much. Lol.

Malik was fun - can’t help but think of Lamar watching him play. Granted a less athletic, less dynamic version, but still lots of energy/excitement. Hope he plays again soon. Go (exhausted) Cards!