Patriots Trade WR Brandin Cooks to Rams

My friends and I have been discussing this, and we're not sure this is not the first efforts by Darth Hoodie to sabotage the Pats on his way out the door. Then again, this might be the second considering Garroppolo.

I don’t think this is that bad of a deal. Cooks had a decent season, but has always been inconsistent, putting up a few really big big games a year, but also being completely missing in others. I think Hogan steps up to fill Cook’s role. They’ve got Edelman coming back, and guys like Phillip Dorset and Malcolm Mitchell still in the mix. Plus, now they have two first round picks and two second round picks. Perfect spot to either move up or restock the cupboard with 4 of the top 64 picks. For a one year rental of Cooks, they get the 23rd pick vs the 32nd pick they originally traded for him. Plus, they likely weren’t going to pay Cooks next year anyway when his rookie contract expires, so trading him now is better than letting him walk after this year.

This ain’t sabotage. This is a really good deal for the Pats. And I think the Rams come out ahead as well.

My friends and I have been discussing this, and we're not sure this is not the first efforts by Darth Hoodie to sabotage the Pats on his way out the door. Then again, this might be the second considering Garroppolo.

How much bourbon did you have before discussing this? This is a very good deal for the Patriots, in my opinion. New England has shown that they can play at a high level without any household names at WR.

How much bourbon did you have before discussing this? This is a very good deal for the Patriots, in my opinion. New England has shown that they can play at a high level without any household names at WR.

Yeah, they basically traded the #32 pick in last year's draft for the #23 pick in this one, and got a year's worth of Brandin Cooks with it.