Madison Central 73 Bryan Station 64 3 OT (11th Region Quarter-Finals)

Final sounded like a whale of a game wish I could have seen it.

It was!!! That was probably one of the best HS games I have ever seen. Both teams gave it their all,and left everything on the floor. Back and forth runs from both teams to open 5 pts leads,then only to have the other team a run and go up by 2. Its a shame that one of the teams had to go home last night. As one of the coaches for Central said last night, " you won't see a better game then this one, at the state tournament". I was defiantly worth the price of admission and unfortunately for Bryan Station it was the end of a great year.

For Central it looked at times last night that lightening would strike 3 times and they would lose a third time to Station, but the boys just kept press forward and made some really big plays when they needed to. Isaiah Minter had a great game and finished with 30 I believe, and Dustin Gerald finished with 28 I think. (not official numbers just what I remember, and I am old lol) I said at the beginning of the year that this team would go as far as these 2 will take them. Isaiah Cozart is the name that everybody knows from Central, but it is these 2 that add the playmaking and shot making ability. Gerald has had 9 or 10 double double this year and is the team leading scorer, while Minter has really excelled in running the offense and playing lock down defense. They have been playing very well and because of that so has Central. I am not sure of the official stat line for Cozart but I know it reads in the neighborhood of the following 10 pts, 17 rebound and 14 blocked shots. I may have the rebounds and the blocks reversed. None the less, he put in his usual triple double body of work and was a great force as always.

Last but not least Coach made his presence felt last night, he started out in zone to make Station shoot from the outside, and when Boone started making some to start the second half, he went to a box and one, with Isaiah Minter chasing and face guarding Boone. Once Central did that is took Boone out of the game to some extent. It seemed all facets of Central's game worked together last night to get the win, and it was as hard a fought win as you could have. Again hats of the Bryan Station and Eric Boone for their performance last night and their great year.

Central goes on to play LCA at 1:30 Saturday and it too should be a very good game. LCA brings a lot of length and size to the table, along with some good shooters. These 2 haven't met this year and LCA will be looking for pay back as Central ousted them in last years regions tournament. On Centrals part I think staying out of foul trouble will be the key. I think that LCA is going to have a hard time with our speed, and the easy at the basket layups they go against Frankfort will be denied by Cozart. I wouldn't be surprised to see Central pick up full court or press up high at the half court line. It should be another great game in what the 11th region tournament is.........the Gauntlet!

It was!!! That was probably one of the best HS games I have ever seen. Both teams gave it their all,and left everything on the floor. Back and forth runs from both teams to open 5 pts leads,then only to have the other team a run and go up by 2. Its a shame that one of the teams had to go home last night. As one of the coaches for Central said last night, " you won't see a better game then this one, at the state tournament". I was defiantly worth the price of admission and unfortunately for Bryan Station it was the end of a great year.

For Central it looked at times last night that lightening would strike 3 times and they would lose a third time to Station, but the boys just kept press forward and made some really big plays when they needed to. Isaiah Minter had a great game and finished with 30 I believe, and Dustin Gerald finished with 28 I think. (not official numbers just what I remember, and I am old lol) I said at the beginning of the year that this team would go as far as these 2 will take them. Isaiah Cozart is the name that everybody knows from Central, but it is these 2 that add the playmaking and shot making ability. Gerald has had 9 or 10 double double this year and is the team leading scorer, while Minter has really excelled in running the offense and playing lock down defense. They have been playing very well and because of that so has Central. I am not sure of the official stat line for Cozart but I know it reads in the neighborhood of the following 10 pts, 17 rebound and 14 blocked shots. I may have the rebounds and the blocks reversed. None the less, he put in his usual triple double body of work and was a great force as always.

Last but not least Coach made his presence felt last night, he started out in zone to make Station shoot from the outside, and when Boone started making some to start the second half, he went to a box and one, with Isaiah Minter chasing and face guarding Boone. Once Central did that is took Boone out of the game to some extent. It seemed all facets of Central's game worked together last night to get the win, and it was as hard a fought win as you could have. Again hats of the Bryan Station and Eric Boone for their performance last night and their great year.

Central goes on to play LCA at 1:30 Saturday and it too should be a very good game. LCA brings a lot of length and size to the table, along with some good shooters. These 2 haven't met this year and LCA will be looking for pay back as Central ousted them in last years regions tournament. On Centrals part I think staying out of foul trouble will be the key. I think that LCA is going to have a hard time with our speed, and the easy at the basket layups they go against Frankfort will be denied by Cozart. I wouldn't be surprised to see Central pick up full court or press up high at the half court line. It should be another great game in what the 11th region tournament is.........the Gauntlet!

Thrilled for you my friend. Why I am a Madison Central supporter. :thumb:

Great win I'll be there for Saturday's games.