Jury Awards $37 Million To Family of Victim of Baltimore Police Shooting

AverageJoesGym

Forgot to mention the shot gun she was holding and had allegedly already pointed at police?

She had mental health issues according to family and instead of turning herself in, or going peacefully, she grabbed a shot gun and put her child in direct danger.

If she raised the gun right before the officer fired, I'm not sure what other options he had. They waited what, 6 hours for her to give up?

Forgot to mention the shot gun she was holding and had allegedly already pointed at police?

She had mental health issues according to family and instead of turning herself in, or going peacefully, she grabbed a shot gun and put her child in direct danger.

If she raised the gun right before the officer fired, I'm not sure what other options he had. They waited what, 6 hours for her to give up?

Perhaps they didn't believe that story since none of the officers inside the building decided to turn on their body cameras, only the ones outside did. They also seemed to find fault that the department had a team trained on de-escalation but didn't call it in or allow her mother to try and talk to her.

Either way, it is going to cost the county a bunch of money. The Baltimore Police Department has singe serious issues.

The credibility of this department was severely damaged after the Freddy Gray case; That probably contributed.

It goes far beyond just the Freddie Gray case. There have been 8 members of the force convicted on either racketeering or robbery. The department's head of Internal Affairs was transferred and the Deputy Commissioner forced into retirement after both were implicated in misconduct during trial testimony.

This is more than just a couple of bad apples. This will likely only get worse as the roots of corruption are exposed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/former-baltimore-detectives-convicted-in-corruption-trial-with-shocking-details/2018/02/12/961995a6-0a98-11e8-8890-372e2047c935_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.521b7981976d

Perhaps they didn't believe that story since none of the officers inside the building decided to turn on their body cameras, only the ones outside did. They also seemed to find fault that the department had a team trained on de-escalation but didn't call it in or allow her mother to try and talk to her.

Either way, it is going to cost the county a bunch of money. The Baltimore Police Department has singe serious issues.

Based on what I read, those officers did not have body cams. They didn't forget to turn them on.

Also, if he was there to murder her (what motive? Why would he want to?), whyd he wait 6 hours?

I don't know why any negotiatior would allow the mother to talk to her. I'm not a hostage negotiator, are you? Do you know if thats against their protocol?

There are problems with the entire city of Baltimore, not just the PD. Probably because its ran by a bunch of idiots.