White Christmas?

nWo

[video=youtube;w9QLn7gM-hY]

Some music to go along with the possibility of a White Christmas for some. Chances seem to be increasing for a White Christmas especially north of I-64. Looks like a clipper system will pass through the parts of Kentucky Christmas Eve afternoon into the early part of Christmas Morning. Light accumulations look to be possible with the heaviest possible being north of I-64. 1-2" may be possible with a dusting to around 1" south of I-64.

I will update later this evening

Precipitation type.

precip.gif

Accumulation

acc.gif

Those who will be out doing any last minute shopping on Christmas Eve may find some roads slick. With all of the rain, we have had and temps falling into the 20s Sunday afternoon into the overnight hours. As the temps drop a possible light snow will come in behind the cold air mass. Most will see from a light dusting to 1". Parts of northern Kentucky may see 1-2" by the time the snow moves out by Christmas morning. Temps will start to rebound into the 30s on Christmas Day starting in western Kentucky.

Check back for updates

temp.gif

precip.gif

a.gif

Later this afternoon some will see some snow starting to fall. I'm seeing around a 1" mainly for those north of I-64. Especially in the Cincinnati/NKY area. South of I-64 will see mainly a dusting to maybe around .5". The snow looks to hold off at around or after 2 pm EST. It should be over by early Christmas morning. If anything changes I'll update later.

Those who will be out and about this evening should be prepared to encounter some slick road conditions.

precip.gif

snku_acc.us_ov.png